• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick lapizole question

yes they prefer the taste, its aniseed isn't it :?
well lisa had mowgli on that at first, i think he must be the only rabbit that hated it though :shock: :lol: and put his front paws up to say please no :lol:
he liked panacur instead :lol:

cas

Oops sorry Liz, yep its 2.8ml :oops: They gave us the lapizole as they said we'd end up needing loads of tubes of panacur :? Hope shes had it ok for you xXx

ETA, Did mum put the syringe in the box with the bottom of panacur... i hope she did! As thinking about it its not as much as it would be from a normal syringe! The vet told us to pull it up to the 2.8 mark on the syringe :) xXx

Last edited:
I just put it on a saucer and they lap it up!

Never use the trigger syringe it comes with as its really strong and I think could result in aspiration.

I just put it on a saucer and they lap it up!

Never use the trigger syringe it comes with as its really strong and I think could result in aspiration.

I agree wirth that! Its hard to push, then all of a sudden it just... shoots out doesnt it :lol: We've been giving it her on 1/4 of a biscuit :oops: xXx

I agree wirth that! Its hard to push, then all of a sudden it just... shoots out doesnt it :lol: We've been giving it her on 1/4 of a biscuit :oops: xXx

I must have done something really wrong them as I only had a 1ml syringe in with the lapizole so I needed nearly 3 of those and it took me 2 whole biscuits to fit all the liquid on and I still ended up with it in the sink up my arms and on the floor :?

Just bumping this up as I am sure I am doing this wrong, there is no way I could get the 2.8mls of a quarter or a biscuit like Becky was doing :?

Just bumping this up as I am sure I am doing this wrong, there is no way I could get the 2.8mls of a quarter or a biscuit like Becky was doing :?

Maybe your biscuits are smaller? :lol:

Sorry. I've never used lapizole before, but I didn't wanna leave you hanging :oops:

Thanks. Thats what I thought, seems an awful lot to get in her when she would only need 0.6mls of panacur :?

That's precisely why I used Lapizole ONCE and once only!!!! 0.7ml of panacur is sooooo much easier. I couldn't believe quite how much I needed for a 3.5kg bun so I squirted it into an eggcup just to see the volume :shock::shock:. It's a LOT of liquid. Stick with Panacur.

Last edited:
That's precisely why I used Lapizole ONCE and once only!!!! 0.7ml of panacur is sooooo much easier. I couldn't believe quite how much I needed for a 3.5kg bun so I squirted it into an eggcup just to see the volume :shock::shock:. It's a LOT of liquid. Stick with Panacur.

Thank goodness its not just me, I've been really worrying :oops: So how did Becky fit it on a quarter of a biscuit, there is loads of the stuff :?

Think I might swap to the usual panacur liquid, although the Lapizole does smell nice :? :lol:

Noooo, im confused :lol: When the vet showed me, he told me to pull the syringe up to just under the 3 mark :? So it would only be 0.3ml she has :? It definately fitted on the biccy, i wonder if the vet had told us wrong? But the thing is, he gave us the lapizole as he said we would need so much more panacur, and the whole bottle of lapizole would be more than enough for the 21/42 days :?

I spoke to Richard today (was at the vets with another foster bun) and said you'd be calling to get Roxys notes transferred. He was happy she had managed to land on all 4 feet with you andh e said he looks foward to your call :)

Noooo, im confused :lol: When the vet showed me, he told me to pull the syringe up to just under the 3 mark :? So it would only be 0.3ml she has :? It definately fitted on the biccy, i wonder if the vet had told us wrong? But the thing is, he gave us the lapizole as he said we would need so much more panacur, and the whole bottle of lapizole would be more than enough for the 21/42 days :?

I spoke to Richard today (was at the vets with another foster bun) and said you'd be calling to get Roxys notes transferred. He was happy she had managed to land on all 4 feet with you andh e said he looks foward to your call :)

Yep thats only 0.28ml, she should have 10 times that at 2.8ml. Prehaps compared to the paste it does go further, but the panacur liquid would definately go at lot further as she would only need 0.6ml :)

Prehaps I should start her from the begining of the course again :?

Just found this online.... the dose is down the page :)

http://www.medicanimal.com/product/...ct_id=120010?gclid=CMu7ufOMmKACFRhp4wodCi_meQ

I feel so upset that i couldve been giving the wrong dose, but thats definately what i was showed. He even took the syringe out the box to show me :( Will have a word next to i go just incase hes giving the same dose to other bunny owners :(

I think you should start the course again, i know she'll br stressed taking that amount too :cry:

Just found this online.... the dose is down the page :)

http://www.medicanimal.com/product/...ct_id=120010?gclid=CMu7ufOMmKACFRhp4wodCi_meQ

I feel so upset that i couldve been giving the wrong dose, but thats definately what i was showed. He even took the syringe out the box to show me :( Will have a word next to i go just incase hes giving the same dose to other bunny owners :(

I think you should start the course again, i know she'll br stressed taking that amount too :cry:

Think I will see if she will take the normal panacur on a biccy tonight. Trying to get that much on a biscuit yesterday was crazy, it was dripping everywhere, she probably only got half of it :roll:

Think I will see if she will take the normal panacur on a biccy tonight. Trying to get that much on a biscuit yesterday was crazy, it was dripping everywhere, she probably only got half of it :roll:

:lol: Maybe try syringing it? When we first had her, she had her panacur liquid fine by syringe :) Has she let you have cuddles yet? :love: She'll sit on your lap for ages being fussed :love:

I let her have a little stroll in the garden this afternoon as the sun was out and it was lovely :)

There are a few more piccys of her in the pictures section :wave:

Back