• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

So saddddddddd :(

Thank you all so much for your input.

Unfortunately I dont think I can feel better for a while.

And now I need to think what to do with poor little Harley :-(

Awww i'm so so so sorry for your loss! :cry: Don't blame yourself hun. The buns had a choice of staying in or playing out. I bet they were having fun. ;) It's just a shame the fun had to end that way. Don't feel bad hun. She had a great life with you. You rescued her, i bet she loves you so much for that! :love: xxxx

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your sad loss :cry:

Please dont blame yourself, you sound like a very caring bunny owner. No matter how careful we are, accidents can happen and you dont know for certain the reason the bunny passed away. Part of grieving is wondering 'what if' - I have always been that way when I have lost a bunny or pet.

Sending you lots of hugs and hope you feel better soon. x

have just read your thread and wanted to send loads of hugs your way.
Your lil baby will be running free at the bridge now telling all the other bunnies there about what a wonderful mummy she had a all the wonderful things you did for her xxx

I got home from work today when it was dark - my mum normally shuts all the pigeons in and gives the bunnies some veggies but she hadn't got round to it this evening.... Brian wasn't in the shed. :shock: Luckily he's very tame and appeared when I called him - I'd of never found him otherwise, he's jet black and there is no lighting in our garden. Poor little thing was soaked through and covered in mud. I bought him in and let him dry out in front of the Aga. Hopefully he'll be ok, he didn't seem any the worse for his adventure! :lol:

Just goes to show it can happen to anyone.

xx

Thanks Georgie!

It has happened to me on numerous occassions, just this time she was a bit worse for ware.

It could have been anything. Today was a better day for me, as it has now been two nights since it happened, but I still cant stop thinking about it!

I was just so relieved Brian recalls! :lol: Poor little thing looked a bit sorry for himself sat in my washing basket! I've just been back down the garden to check he's ok and he's binkying about and scoffing some cabbage - I think he'll survive! :lol:

I'm glad you feel a bit better today. It hurts so much when you loose a pet, expecially when you feel it's your own fault :(

I can see you have four bunnies in your signature - could Harley be bonded to the other two if he's still a bit lonely looking? Harley is gorgeous btw - I have a bit of a thing for harlequins :love:

ETA - just noticed your signature says five bunnies! Can't wait to see a piccy of the 5th one! ;)

Yer I am currently bonding Harley with Lottie and Alfie who are an already established pair :) So far so good - but have a long way to go.

I did actually have 6 buns in total - sig is slightly out of date! lol.

Now obviously I have 5 bunnies.

Other bunnies are bruno the brown lionhead and Chloe, who I am not sure of her breed, maybe an english and she is white with black spots :)

OMG,I am so sorry.I guess,just give your bun lots of warmth & comfort.So so sorry about your other bun.We all make decisions we question.Please dont beat yourself up about it.

Back