• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur graduations.

asgothas

Warren Scout
Hi all.
Sage has been loosing weight ++ with excessive drinking and urination.
The vet prescribed panacur on the 5th Feb and he gave him his first dose.
The vet gave me 5g syringe and told me to use 1 graduation per day.
I noticed that the box label the vet put on says use for up to 28 days, but the syringe only has about 5 grads left.... Have I been doing this wrong?
How many actual doses are in a syringe?
Are there any adverse effects to overusing this?

Any help appreciated.
Helen

You have not been doing it wrong, you need more panacur for the 28days.

There is about 18 graduations in one tube. So a bunny under 2.5kg would need 2 tubes and would have some left over.

You have not been doing it wrong, you need more panacur for the 28days.

There is about 18 graduations in one tube. So a bunny under 2.5kg would need 2 tubes and would have some left over.

18? My vet told me there was only nine. :? He showed me to just go by the lines on one side of the stick bit (oh, I can just tell this post will make no sense! :lol: ). Presumably one graduation is a top line to a bottom line rather than a top line to another top line?

Wait, I'm going to make a diagram! :lol:

I should be banned from using paint! :lol:

On a more serious note, I'm worried I've been overdosing Thistle and Jess now. :oops: Is it possible/dangerous to overdose on Panacur? :?

** I guess I better go post this in my Jess thread too. Awwwhh, poo.

Yep, from your genius picture :D I can tell you I am using one graduation.

I would never know how to draw like that on a 'puter! :thumb:
(Paint you say, eh? I am going to have to try this!)

18? My vet told me there was only nine. :? He showed me to just go by the lines on one side of the stick bit (oh, I can just tell this post will make no sense! :lol: ). Presumably one graduation is a top line to a bottom line rather than a top line to another top line?

Wait, I'm going to make a diagram! :lol:

I should be banned from using paint! :lol:

On a more serious note, I'm worried I've been overdosing Thistle and Jess now. :oops: Is it possible/dangerous to overdose on Panacur? :?

** I guess I better go post this in my Jess thread too. Awwwhh, poo.

It's that gorgeous pic again! :lol:

Back