• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elvis Dylan Huxley the Huffy Lionhead

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
As some of you will be aware from Facebook we had let let Elvis go this morning. He'd been snuffly for a few weeks which we couldn't shake off him and he'd also developed an abcess on his jaw. He stopped eating over the weekend so made made the kindest decision. I hope he's gone to fields of lush grass and meets up soon with Poppet.

He was our third rabbit, largely because I insisted we had to have a little boy rabbit called Elvis. When we saw him it was instant - here was a lionhead, totally black like Elvis in his '68 Comeback Special and luckily he bonded almost immediately with Nellie and Poppet.

I don't know how many of you remember the RSPCA Silverdale case in the Lake District about five or so years ago but as well as over 100 dogs seized from appalling conditions was our Elvis, a solitary rabbit in the house. Even that wasn't his final home because he was rehomed for a while to a family whose child "developed an allergy" to him.

Elvis - good boy, good boy, good boy! We'll miss you.

With the Scottie dog that represented him at our wedding...

e11.jpg

She made me do this!

elvisbeard.jpg

Our little boy...

20April2007390.jpg

Huffy Elvis...

E10.jpg

Getting his ear bent by Nellie...

Elvis-0072.jpg

Last edited:
I am so very sorry Neil and Maria, have fun at the bridge Elvis, go and find Poppet and she will look after you, sleep tight xx

So sorry you've lost your special boy.

I hadn't realised where he had come from. Awful. :(

He was lovely - I've rarely seen such a fluffy rabbit, and I love your photos of him. The beard one has always been a particular favourite. :)

Thinking of you both x

I love the way hes getting an ear bending....lovely pic.
What a very special boy....such a story.
He knew you loved him.....and from this thread,we do too.
Sleep tight Elvis.xxx

So very sad to hear this news. Elvis was a gorgeous bunny... much coveted by myself as you know. Every once in a while a bunny just stands out and Elvis was one of those....

Love to you and Maria and wishes for that sweet little boy to have the most fun at the bridge xx

Neil and Maria, I am really sorry to hear that Elvis is now at the bridge. I too was unaware of his background. :(

I am certain that Elvis had a wonderful life with you both and that he loved every second of his time spent with you.

Binky free fluffy one xx
(Thinking of you both)

Joanne x

aw so sorry you lost Elvis :( - he was a legendary bun & that beard piccy never fails to make me smile :) binky free handsome boy :cry:

Thank you all for your kind and sympathetic comments. His memory lives on at work because "good boy, good boy, good boy" has become a catchphrase used by most of our room.

Neil

eta; it was a bit late last night when I posted this and wish to clarify that the catchphrase has been in use for a few weeks and not just since we lost Elvis.

Last edited:
Back