• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advice urgently needed

mudchild

Warren Scout
hi, my bunny has been lying down all morning and is a little shaky. I have the emergency vets in 1 hour. what can i do in the meantime, really worried he wont make it.

Last edited:
thanks -have put it round him. they cant see me till then when i called. he just got up and started moving things out the way and had alittle water. so worried he has only been like this for the couple of hours i think x

I'd take your number off hun, any old nutter could ring it!
sending vibes for bunny xx

I agree with this. Please edit your post. If people want to help, they'll either pm you or post on the forum.
Sending lots of vibes for your bunny xxxxx

taken off..was put on in my panic but just couldnt be here and with him.You just panic when they areill. he seems a bit better... not shaking now and has been moving about. i got another bun about 2 weeks ago..wondering if that has anything to do with it. He has never been ill before...they have been getting on well thou? got the vet in 15 mins so fingers crossed.

Hi everyone. Ozzy is back home eating and drinking fine and is now acting like nothing happened!!! The vet was unsure what happened as he brightened up quite alot by the time i got there. They gave me some recovery and told me to give him pineapple juice which i have and let them know if he gets worse.

I have no idea why he was like that, he was literally shaking and flopping over and now he is back to normal scoffing hay!!! Thank god so happy he is okay...
Katie - he is seems just fine now, god i was so worried as he was fine last night... will keep a close eye on him! do u think its got anything to do with his new girlf? the vet said his back teeth are perfect!!xx

Great news! :D
I'm quite sure that it's not his new girlfriend that made him ill. As you have already posted they're both getting on well. Just keep an eye on them.

Thank goodness! I have been really worried about him!

Great news.

Just keep your eye on him, maybe just a little cold? x

I'm glad that he's okay again. Lets just hope that he stays that way!

Why do bunnies always do that. I got in a flap about Leo the other week, took him to the vets by the time we got there he was pretty much fine!

Back