• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is £150 too much for a spay?

I paid over £100 each for my two females to be spayed. The vet was quite good but they charged me extra for some follow up meds, can't remember all the details as it was a while ago now but it was around the £100 pound mark for each of my two female rabbit (and I paid £50 each for my two male rabbits).

Personally I think that is extortionate - we pay extra for additional meds like Baytril if the wound doesn't heal as well as it should but everything else is included for a lot less than that. We wouldn't be able to survive as a rescue if we paid that amount and the two vets we use are very good.

I paid £94 for Radish to be spayed including pain meds and the two follow ups she had. I had to pay extra for baytril on a follow up but that was cause she was licking the wound.

Plus whilst she was under they clipped her claws for me for free.

the non rescue prices around here are about £50, check up and meds included but the midlands seems to be generally a cheaper area for vet treatement compared to down south where everyone charges "london" prices or up north, especially past manchester where I guess the population & therefore vets becomes more scarce.

Back