• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooo excited... PIC OF NEW HUTCH!

KTJ

Alpha Buck
I have a "Rabbit Palace" arriving tomorrow as I felt that my buns needed a bigger hutch, considering the "mini lop eared" rabbit which I took on last year turned out to be a french lop eared... hence he has out grown his hutch!! I can't believe Im so excited about it, but I know its because they will just love it!

But the new hutch that is arriving tomorrow has come at quite a convenient time...

I don't know if anyone has read my post from earlier today, but I found out today that the 2 silver fox rabbits which I re-homed recently were mis-sexed and I now have a pregnant female rabbit.
I first noticed that Smokey had been getting a bit frisky with Bandit but was told by a vet that it was "probably just a dominance thing" which made sense as they were both boys and have been booked in to be neutered next week (due to the advice I received from people on this forum). Then when I went to clean them out today, Bandit had fur and hay in his mouth and was building a nest, which I have never seen him do before, so I took him back to the vets to be sexed and he is actually a SHE...

Bandit (the doe) will be staying in the hutch she's in as she's used to it and has built a nest, so for the time being, Flopsy and Smokey will share the new hutch as Smokey can't be with Bandit for a few weeks!

I can't believe Im so excited over a hutch! Most 20 year olds are excited about new clothes and shoes and mobile phones, but not me! I just want to see the bun's exploring a new hutch, they'll love it!! :D

Last edited:
Ah, good for you, im so pleased for you. What are you going to do with the babes when they are grown a little?

Well... I'm not sure yet. Im still in shock that one of my little boys is actually a pregnant girl!! Im just trying to make sure she's ok first and that Ive got everything prepared for her, ie a room in the house for her and her babies, and plenty of food etc.
In an ideal world, I would keep them all as I know I can love them and look after them forever and give them everything they want and need, but I don't know how big the litter is going to be and I'm not a breeder or a rabbit expert, I just have 3 rabbits who I love more than anything... so right now, Im not sure what to do :S
If I did re-home them, I'd feel like I had been a bad Mum to them, and had let them down, but I would make sure that they only went to people I knew, so I could make sure they would be looked after... either way, I will keep you updated :)

Plenty of photos PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE !

Definitely!! :lol: I love seeing everyone else's photos, and Im a bit of a big head when it comes to my buns, I could post pictures and talk about them all day! I'll post pics 2moro of the new hutch... and I'll keep everyone informed on Bandit's pregnancy, babies etc ;)

I thought I would post a pic of the new hutch that I have just put together! I'm still unsure whether to put my french lop eared in it, or the pregnant silver fox, but she's already nested in her hutch, so I think for the time being it would be best to leave her be.
The hutch also came with a hutch hugger and it is so snug inside! I can easily fit in it myself, so I think it might just do for my buns at night time!!

Newhutch.jpg

Not being negative but you might want to replace the flimsy looking heart shaped catches with bolts, as a fox could easily force its way in

I thought I would post a pic of the new hutch that I have just put together! I'm still unsure whether to put my french lop eared in it, or the pregnant silver fox, but she's already nested in her hutch, so I think for the time being it would be best to leave her be.
The hutch also came with a hutch hugger and it is so snug inside! I can easily fit in it myself, so I think it might just do for my buns at night time!!

Newhutch.jpg

That looks brill,nice and cozy.How big is it?I have a similar set up ordered thats 10ft :shock:

Not being negative but you might want to replace the flimsy looking heart shaped catches with bolts, as a fox could easily force its way in

Thanks for your advice, my Dad has already nailed solid bolts to all the doors as I thought exactly the same ;)

Back