• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hayden isn't well u/d PTS 14/4/10 :(

jenzel5

Mama Doe
:( Well last night I was on nights and my other half rang and said Hayden wasn't well. I told him to keep an eye on her and let me know if she gets any worse. He txt me at 7.50am to tell me she still wasn't right. I got home at 8.15am and checked on her and knew she wasn't right either. She hasn't eaten her tea or breakfast. I have taken her to the vets where I work and the vet couldn't find anything wrong with her really (temp normal) but has given her metacam, synulox and some maxalon to cover anything. She had increased resp rate at home aswell as the vets. I have brought home some lapizole because I have been using panacur but haven't given them it for a little while so will give them both a full course of the lapizole.
She has come home and just layed down straight away so I will keep a close eye on her all day as Im off today and she goes back in tomorrow for another check.
Im sure she will be fine as sometimes they get a little quiet but are fine the next day so hopefully that is the case but im going to go and get her some toys and treats to cheer her up.
Can I have vibes that she won't go in to stasis or something serious please :(

Last edited:
Poor girl :cry:

I assume the Synulox was given by injection ?

I hope she feels better soon xx

Sorry it wasn't synulox it was baytril! She seemed to be a little funny on her back legs but theres nothing noticeable and she seemed to hop ok when I got her moving but my oh said he thought the same last night so close eye on her.

Thanks for the vibes hurricanhoney.
Hayden still isn't well. She is sat on the couch with me and has been for well over an hour now. She usually tries to jump off straight away. Poor girl! I will syringe feed her a little more tonight and keep my eye on her (no sleep for me). I checked her temperature which is normal so that has to be a good sign. She is being seen by a vet again in the morning. What stress this is!!! :(:(:(:(:(

Hayden still isn't right. She has had some more meds and I have to give maxolon and buprecare every 8 hours and then see how she is in the morning. She has 2 small spurs on her bottom teeth but apparently it's nothing that should be causing her problems. If she is still unwell in the morning then she will have a GA to have a good look at her teeth and x-ray her abdomen. Please send vibes that this doesn't have to happen. :(:(:(:(:(

She was drinking quite a bit last night. I haven't seen her drink today but ive come home from work early so I can keep a close eye on her. She seems to be a little more fiesty which I am happy about. Apparently it doesn't seem to be her guts. They seemed a little full but there was faeces at the end so it doesn't seem blocked at all which was my main concern. Im puzzled. There's nothing really wrong appart from being quiet and not eating or pooing so I don't know why! Hopefully she will be better very soon! I will have bloods taken tomorrow too I think if she isn't better.

Well some good news. She is getting some of her personality back! She still hasn't eaten on her own but she seems slightly more interested! And Dudley is cuddled up with her which looks a bit more normal because he seemed to leave her alone and lay elsewhere. Oh now she's cleaning! Fingers crossed this is her getting better, little madam!!!!

:wave:

Only just seen this Jen. Really hope she's on the up now - everything crossed. Give her a nose rub from me (Dudley too) and tell her Auntie Abi wants her to get better quickly and stop worrying mum! xx

:wave:

Only just seen this Jen. Really hope she's on the up now - everything crossed. Give her a nose rub from me (Dudley too) and tell her Auntie Abi wants her to get better quickly and stop worrying mum! xx

:wave: Hi Abi. Thanks, I will do. She is still very quiet but hopefully she is on the mend. I just wish I knew what the problem is!

Hayden has had a small stroke today. She is on suportive treatment but at the minute it is not looking good. She has come around but is still wobbly and at the minute she is at home and resting. I am keeping positive and trying all I can to help her. Please send get well vibes to my baby girl!

Back