• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I lost my beloved Yuki yesterday

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm not doing well right now and reading you replies has helped me. It hurts so much. It feels like this ache will never go away. I just came back from the doctor's. He gave me something to sedate me for the night because I can't sleep. I just feel such strong pain, it's a hundred times worse than having a stomach flu. I hope this medication will knock me out for a while so I can have a little rest and not have to feel this torturous grief for a little while.

I am so, so sorry :cry::cry::cry: What a truly tragic thing to happen :cry: Thinking of you at this very difficult time xxx

Binky free Yuki, another bunny angel in heaven xxx

Im so sorry for your loss,please dont blame yourself,its obvious how much you loved your bun.Sleep tight Yuki xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry, I hope the unbearable pain you are feeling right now begins to lessens over time and you can look back on the happy memories and good times you had with Yuki. Your words moved me to tears, he was obviously a very special bunny.

Binky free at the bridge Yuki xxx

Thank you everyone. I'm so happy that there's such compassionate people in the world. A lot of people don't understand the connection animal lovers have to their pets, and how it's the same as losing a human family member. Yuki was my baby, I treated him like a delicate little infant. He had such a beautiful soul, unlike any other animal or even person I've ever met. I had to take some anxiety medication last night so I could sleep. I still feel groggy from it, but the pain is still very obvious now that I'm awake again. God how I miss him. I seriously don't know how I can go on without him. My mom and I are planning to take a vacation in a month and when Yuki got sick, I wasn't sure I could go because I had to stay home and take care of him if he stayed sick. When he passed, I really didn't want to go because I would be too miserable to have any fun. But now I've decided I need to go. I need to get away from the house for a while, even if I won't have fun. It's not for that, it's for getting away from the house I spent so many years with my baby. I think I really need it now. It's still a month away so I'll have to somehow cope until then. But I'm not sure I'm strong enough. Such a enormous chunk of my life is missing. I don't know how I'm going to get through this.

I only wish there was something I could say to you that would help take away some of that pain. The strong bond that you enjoyed with Yuki was obvious in each and every post you made. You had cared for him so well and overcome your fears of injecting him because you knew that it was for him you did it.

Please try to be strong through this ordeal. You are probably unintentionally worrying your mom a great deal. As you were always so strong in your dedication to Yuki you must now try to be the same for you mom. Take your vacation when the opportunity arises and use it to help put your mind a little at rest. Maybe just try to set yourself some short term small goals to get you through one day and then a few days. It is only with the passage of time that the pain will slowly subside.

I am probably the worst person to try and offer advice. My heart bunny was put to sleep 11 weeks ago and there is hardly a minute of every day I am not thinking of him. My sense of loss was like yours; profound. I accept that I have to go on for the sake of the others in my life but this does not diminish his memory in any way.

A traditional Gaelic blessing for Yuki.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

I am trying as hard as I can to put on a brave face for my mom's sake, but the pain is so deep I just can't hide it no matter how hard I try. I think the pain will subside a little over time, but I most likely will feel it forever. I can't stop thinking about my little Yuki, and I really feel my whole world has ended. I just don't know how I can go on without him.

I am seriously getting worse by the day. The medication helps to numb me, but I still feel the horrible loss. I feel like my whole world has ended. I don't have any good friends, just acquaintances that I hardly see. I never could make new friends because my disability keeps me indoors. Yuki was my best friend and the only reason for me to get up in the morning. Now if I'm not sobbing me heart out I'm walking around like a zombie completely numb to the rest of the world. I don't want to eat, and if it weren't for the medication, I wouldn't sleep. I'm trying to take care of my cat the best I can. He can sense that something is terribly wrong and always wants to be around me. I don't want him to get sick too so I try to give him as much attention as I can. But he mostly stays in the basement, and I can't stay here for long because this is where I spent most of my time with Yuki. He had the whole basement to himself, always running circles around me and playing happily. I just can't stand being down here. I see him everywhere. How am I going to go on? I just can't cope with the grief of losing someone who was so extraordinary special to me.

I wonder whether it would help you, to spend some time each day writing a book which will be his story, & the relationship you both had, right from that 1st. meeting.
It doesn't matter if you think you can't write. You are writing very movingly on here. Please feel that you can continue to do so.

One day someone will write a book which will show the world what wonderful, intelligent, companions rabbits are, if only we give them the opportunity. I think Yuki might like that.

When I feel a little more stable, I want to make a website and post his story on it, as well as writing a poem. That story may turn into a book someday. My sweet baby deserves the world to know what a beautiful soul he was.

I am so sorry for your loss and thinking of you at this sad sad time :(

Binky free Yuki

and remember we are always here for you and I agree with 'Thumps', you should put your memories to paper - you had a beautiful time together and it would be wonderful to share those times with other rabbit lovers

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through.
Your words about the bond you shared are very moving and I cried as I read what happened :cry: and how you are feeling :cry:

I hope that time heals and helps to ease your pain.

Binky free Yuki x

I wonder whether it would help you, to spend some time each day writing a book which will be his story, & the relationship you both had, right from that 1st. meeting.
It doesn't matter if you think you can't write. You are writing very movingly on here. Please feel that you can continue to do so.

One day someone will write a book which will show the world what wonderful, intelligent, companions rabbits are, if only we give them the opportunity. I think Yuki might like that.

I think that is a wonderful suggestion. You have the ability to convey your emotions so well and even a short story about your relationship with Yuki might be of real benefit in spreading the knowledge of what amazing pets bunnies are.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. I am sure you are in the thoughts of a great many of your friends here.

Once I feel up to it, I'll definitely write his story. Right now I'm not doing so well. It takes all the strength I have to get out of bed in the morning. I still don't want to eat, although I have tried for my mom's sake. I don't want to worry her, but there's only so much of an act I can put up. The pain is just to great to hide. Every morning the first thing I did was feed Yuki his breakfast. Then I would take him out of his cage for most of the day, playing with him, watching him hop around and do binkies. I couldn't take him outside much since it's winter most of the time here in Canada and it's freezing cold all the time in winter, but whenever I wasn't around to supervise him, he would go in the big wooden pen I had my dad build for him a long time ago where he had tons of room to hop.

Memories are just filling my head now. Whenever I put my face close to his, he would lean forward, twitching his nose with a smile on his face, and give me a bunny kiss. Whenever I walked into the room in the morning he would clip his teeth twice in a greeting, stand up on his hind legs, then start hopping wildly in his cage. He was always so happy, even when he wasn't feeling well. The fact I will never see him do these cute things again has me so down I can barely function. I take the medication my doctor prescribed me that helps me sleep, and I try to sleep as much as possible to avoid feeling this way all the time. I know I can only avoid it for so long, but while the pain and grief is so fresh, it's all I can do to get by.

Back