Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I lost my beloved Yuki yesterday

Warren Veteran

so sorry for your loss binky free yuki x

I am trying as hard as I can to put on a brave face for my mom's sake, but the pain is so deep I just can't hide it no matter how hard I try. I think the pain will subside a little over time, but I most likely will feel it forever. I can't stop thinking about my little Yuki, and I really feel my whole world has ended. I just don't know how I can go on without him.

Wise Old Thumper

Oh how sad I am so sorry

Run Free Forever at the Bridge Yuki.

I am seriously getting worse by the day. The medication helps to numb me, but I still feel the horrible loss. I feel like my whole world has ended. I don't have any good friends, just acquaintances that I hardly see. I never could make new friends because my disability keeps me indoors. Yuki was my best friend and the only reason for me to get up in the morning. Now if I'm not sobbing me heart out I'm walking around like a zombie completely numb to the rest of the world. I don't want to eat, and if it weren't for the medication, I wouldn't sleep. I'm trying to take care of my cat the best I can. He can sense that something is terribly wrong and always wants to be around me. I don't want him to get sick too so I try to give him as much attention as I can. But he mostly stays in the basement, and I can't stay here for long because this is where I spent most of my time with Yuki. He had the whole basement to himself, always running circles around me and playing happily. I just can't stand being down here. I see him everywhere. How am I going to go on? I just can't cope with the grief of losing someone who was so extraordinary special to me.

Wise Old Thumper

I wonder whether it would help you, to spend some time each day writing a book which will be his story, & the relationship you both had, right from that 1st. meeting.
    It doesn't matter if you think you can't write. You are writing very movingly on here. Please feel that you can continue to do so.

One day someone will write a book which will show the world what wonderful, intelligent, companions rabbits are, if only we give them the opportunity. I think Yuki might like that.

When I feel a little more stable, I want to make a website and post his story on it, as well as writing a poem. That story may turn into a book someday. My sweet baby deserves the world to know what a beautiful soul he was.

Young Bun

I am so sorry for your loss and thinking of you at this sad sad time

Binky free Yuki

and remember we are always here for you and I agree with 'Thumps', you should put your memories to paper - you had a beautiful time together and it would be wonderful to share those times with other rabbit lovers

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through.
    Your words about the bond you shared are very moving and I cried as I read what happened and how you are feeling

I hope that time heals and helps to ease your pain.

Binky free Yuki x

Brown booted bunny,
    Such a brave and special girl,
    Never shared carrots

A haiku for beautiful Fay who went to the Bridge 29/02/2012

Helicopter eared
    Happy-go-lucky man loves
    Dancing for dinner

A haiku for handsome Kenco who went to the Bridge 26/12/12

Sleep tight my handsome prince Starbuck and beautiful Dutch girlie Twinkle, we miss you all lots xxx

Quote Originally Posted by thumps_ View Post
    I wonder whether it would help you, to spend some time each day writing a book which will be his story, & the relationship you both had, right from that 1st. meeting.
    It doesn't matter if you think you can't write. You are writing very movingly on here. Please feel that you can continue to do so.

One day someone will write a book which will show the world what wonderful, intelligent, companions rabbits are, if only we give them the opportunity. I think Yuki might like that.

I think that is a wonderful suggestion. You have the ability to convey your emotions so well and even a short story about your relationship with Yuki might be of real benefit in spreading the knowledge of what amazing pets bunnies are.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. I am sure you are in the thoughts of a great many of your friends here.

Once I feel up to it, I'll definitely write his story. Right now I'm not doing so well. It takes all the strength I have to get out of bed in the morning. I still don't want to eat, although I have tried for my mom's sake. I don't want to worry her, but there's only so much of an act I can put up. The pain is just to great to hide. Every morning the first thing I did was feed Yuki his breakfast. Then I would take him out of his cage for most of the day, playing with him, watching him hop around and do binkies. I couldn't take him outside much since it's winter most of the time here in Canada and it's freezing cold all the time in winter, but whenever I wasn't around to supervise him, he would go in the big wooden pen I had my dad build for him a long time ago where he had tons of room to hop.

Memories are just filling my head now. Whenever I put my face close to his, he would lean forward, twitching his nose with a smile on his face, and give me a bunny kiss. Whenever I walked into the room in the morning he would clip his teeth twice in a greeting, stand up on his hind legs, then start hopping wildly in his cage. He was always so happy, even when he wasn't feeling well. The fact I will never see him do these cute things again has me so down I can barely function. I take the medication my doctor prescribed me that helps me sleep, and I try to sleep as much as possible to avoid feeling this way all the time. I know I can only avoid it for so long, but while the pain and grief is so fresh, it's all I can do to get by.