Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I lost my beloved Yuki yesterday

So sorry

Friendly Rabbit Forum for over 16's. Come and join everyone else over here!!

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/

ohhh hun, im soo sorry, cas x

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm not doing well right now and reading you replies has helped me. It hurts so much. It feels like this ache will never go away. I just came back from the doctor's. He gave me something to sedate me for the night because I can't sleep. I just feel such strong pain, it's a hundred times worse than having a stomach flu. I hope this medication will knock me out for a while so I can have a little rest and not have to feel this torturous grief for a little while.

Warren Veteran

You must be so shocked, I am so sorryxxx
    FREE UK SHAC.

I am so, so sorry What a truly tragic thing to happen Thinking of you at this very difficult time xxx

Binky free Yuki, another bunny angel in heaven xxx

Suck a tragic accident I'm so sorry xx

Im so sorry for your loss,please dont blame yourself,its obvious how much you loved your bun.Sleep tight Yuki xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry, I hope the unbearable pain you are feeling right now begins to lessens over time and you can look back on the happy memories and good times you had with Yuki. Your words moved me to tears, he was obviously a very special bunny.

Binky free at the bridge Yuki xxx
    Debbie x
    Mummy to Peaches and Fraggle, Holly and Branston and my bridge bunnies Timmy, Angelina and Pickle

Binky free my beautiful Timmy Bunny, love you to the moon and back xxx

Thank you everyone. I'm so happy that there's such compassionate people in the world. A lot of people don't understand the connection animal lovers have to their pets, and how it's the same as losing a human family member. Yuki was my baby, I treated him like a delicate little infant. He had such a beautiful soul, unlike any other animal or even person I've ever met. I had to take some anxiety medication last night so I could sleep. I still feel groggy from it, but the pain is still very obvious now that I'm awake again. God how I miss him. I seriously don't know how I can go on without him. My mom and I are planning to take a vacation in a month and when Yuki got sick, I wasn't sure I could go because I had to stay home and take care of him if he stayed sick. When he passed, I really didn't want to go because I would be too miserable to have any fun. But now I've decided I need to go. I need to get away from the house for a while, even if I won't have fun. It's not for that, it's for getting away from the house I spent so many years with my baby. I think I really need it now. It's still a month away so I'll have to somehow cope until then. But I'm not sure I'm strong enough. Such a enormous chunk of my life is missing. I don't know how I'm going to get through this.

I only wish there was something I could say to you that would help take away some of that pain. The strong bond that you enjoyed with Yuki was obvious in each and every post you made. You had cared for him so well and overcome your fears of injecting him because you knew that it was for him you did it.

Please try to be strong through this ordeal. You are probably unintentionally worrying your mom a great deal. As you were always so strong in your dedication to Yuki you must now try to be the same for you mom. Take your vacation when the opportunity arises and use it to help put your mind a little at rest. Maybe just try to set yourself some short term small goals to get you through one day and then a few days. It is only with the passage of time that the pain will slowly subside.

I am probably the worst person to try and offer advice. My heart bunny was put to sleep 11 weeks ago and there is hardly a minute of every day I am not thinking of him. My sense of loss was like yours; profound. I accept that I have to go on for the sake of the others in my life but this does not diminish his memory in any way.

A traditional Gaelic blessing for Yuki.

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
    may God hold you in the palm of His hand.