Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: An interesting chat with the vet/update

  1. #1
    Wise Old Thumper yvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Devon,England
    Posts
    19,485

    Default An interesting chat with the vet/update

    Several things really.I had told Ian about Lilys curvature and hed just nodded but today he said he had seen the xray and he had never seen anything like it.Had shown it to his somebody or other too.Beebee (Lilys brother) has gone in today for castration and I have just had a phone call from the vets as they would like to do an xray FOC to see if he has the same condition.Its by no means an ordinary curvature of the spine..an MRI would give more information as even the lung tissue goes up into it...and it may even go side to side as well as up and down.He said had he done the xray it would have stopped at the neck as all we really wanted to know about was her teeth..but cos of Lilys chronic snuffles I had asked for the lungs too to see if they were clear and the spine had shown up so it was a fluke really that we spotted it.
    We chatted about lots of things...EC and stuff.Really enlightening.
    Last edited by yvette; 18-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper RubyTed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the ChrisMoose tree
    Posts
    20,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvette View Post
    Several things really.I had told Ian about Lilys curvature and hed just nodded but today he said he had seen the xray and he had never seen anything like it.Had shown it to his somebody or other too.Beebee (Lilys brother) has gone in today for castration and I have just had a phone call from the vets as they would like to do an xray FOC to see if he has the same condition.Its by no means an ordinary curvature of the spine..an MRI would give more information as even the lung tissue goes up into it...and it may even go side to side as well as up and down.He said had he done the xray it would have stopped at the neck as all we really wanted to know about was her teeth..but cos of Lilys chronic snuffles I had asked for the lungs too to see if they were clear and the spine had shown up so it was a fluke really that we spotted it.
    We chatted about lots of things...EC and stuff.Really enlightening.
    Wow....Lily is a special bunny! Glad you had the full x-ray! Good luck Beebs!!

    .....so......is he single?!
    My blog, Howard's House

    Wedding pictures!



    My signature might stay as the above for the whole year...afterall...look at those faces...aren't they rather gorgeous? I think so! I might be a little eager with the ChirsMoose spirit...or perhaps just a little lazy in not bothering to change my signature pic. The choice is yours!

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper yvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Devon,England
    Posts
    19,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy's_mummy View Post
    Wow....Lily is a special bunny! Glad you had the full x-ray! Good luck Beebs!!

    .....so......is he single?!
    Appears to be.....

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper RubyTed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the ChrisMoose tree
    Posts
    20,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvette View Post
    Appears to be.....
    And was there flirting?....were there any drink askings?!
    My blog, Howard's House

    Wedding pictures!



    My signature might stay as the above for the whole year...afterall...look at those faces...aren't they rather gorgeous? I think so! I might be a little eager with the ChirsMoose spirit...or perhaps just a little lazy in not bothering to change my signature pic. The choice is yours!

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper yvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Devon,England
    Posts
    19,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy's_mummy View Post
    And was there flirting?....were there any drink askings?!
    Pack it in!!! I did say could I ask you something not related to veterinary stuff..he said I could but he may not answer it so I asked him if he was on FB as Mrs Bun has a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He laughed!!

  6. #6
    Alpha Buck MedicatedFluffball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvette View Post
    Pack it in!!! I did say could I ask you something not related to veterinary stuff..he said I could but he may not answer it so I asked him if he was on FB as Mrs Bun has a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He laughed!!

    Oh my word... Thank god my vet is an old woman

  7. #7
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    201

    Default

    It's so nice when the vets can have time to talk and seem interested in your pets condition/welfare. I know that sometimes my vets would love to give you more time, but they are nearly always late for your appt time anyways Not that I mind, would rather animals get the proper tmt. Would be good to have OH working as a vet, would save me a fortune
    Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper RubyTed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the ChrisMoose tree
    Posts
    20,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bundinki View Post
    It's so nice when the vets can have time to talk and seem interested in your pets condition/welfare. I know that sometimes my vets would love to give you more time, but they are nearly always late for your appt time anyways Not that I mind, would rather animals get the proper tmt. Would be good to have OH working as a vet, would save me a fortune
    He's interested in Evie!!!


    ASK HIM FOR A DRINK you silly moose!!!!
    My blog, Howard's House

    Wedding pictures!



    My signature might stay as the above for the whole year...afterall...look at those faces...aren't they rather gorgeous? I think so! I might be a little eager with the ChirsMoose spirit...or perhaps just a little lazy in not bothering to change my signature pic. The choice is yours!

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper yvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Devon,England
    Posts
    19,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MedicatedFluffball View Post

    Oh my word... Thank god my vet is an old woman
    I like my vet...but what if he finds out I do..will he stop me from going to see him???
    I saw him on TV last week so when I saw him today,I joked that he should give me his autograph!!

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper drpengie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    York, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    11,611

    Default

    just ask him out and be done with it!


    Mum to:
    Splodge, Blackberry, Moo, Liquorice & Georgie Pudding the buns
    Tufty, Pippin, Marvin, Dilly, Mo, Jingle, Belle, Tinsel, Eggbert, Frosty, Quaver, Pumpkin, Spooky & Spider the zebra finches (beeps)
    Cosy the cat
    Rainbow Bridge: Scrumpie Jack
    Rainbow Bridge beeps: Edward, Stanley, Lilly, Snowy, Pye, Twiggy, Tilly, Molly, Oliver, Milly, Tony & Margie

    Check out my divine store at:
    www.soapysaurus.co.uk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •