• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lily has a bald patch

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
You cant see it till you part the fur on her shoulder but its there and pink.No dandruff,not bristly..it pure skin...her fur is soft and clean..I say clean, but she fell into her litter corner...Ive cleaned it off with a sponge and warm water.Shes in no pain or appears not to be,lively as a kitten...
Any ideas??

I've juat found one on Linus this evening in the same place as lLily's so would be interested in any ideas.

Hi there :wave:

My buster has been to her vets a couple of times with a bald patch she has had under her chin which is exactly as u describe, no redness,flakiness or soreness, jus pure skin. It has turned out to be over grooming, maybe this is a possibility if ur bunny is bonded?

Perhaps Selma is being a bit too thorough in her grooming of him. Luckly he has a mullet to act as a comb-over!

How did you get on at the vets?

I was wondering how you got on at the vets? Only I have the same problem with my boy bunny. He first lost fur on his back just behind his ears, after visiting the vet we put this down to a reaction to VHD injection. It cleared up and he was fine. Then last time I took him for injection the same thing has happened again under his chin. It cleared up but has now come back again, so I am now worried it is something else.

Back