Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: science recovery - HELP PLEASE (rosie)

If a vet has said she has stasis she will need small but frequent feeds. Has she seen a vet yet? She may need a quick injection of metaclop to get things moving, and in my experience faster action is best. I hope she gets better soon...it can be very stressful syringe feeding buns. One of my fosters recently had a two week spell of stasis where we syringe fed her every couple of hours every day! I was exhausted, but i was determined not to lose her.

ive not mixed a whole packet because i usually end up throwing it all away

i think my vets aim for 20ml every two hours, i personally havent mastered syringe feeds yet, but i am now prepared with my huge 20ml syringe.

hope shes better soon xxxx

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Warren Scout

yep i too am doing little but often,my bun loved it thou and after syringing 1 lot into his mouth he ate the rest off the spoon

i have just given her a tiny piece of brown toast and she ate that, thats all she will have

she was at vets this morning, but has now decided she doesn't want to eat

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I'm concerned. Am I right that the vet found her teeth OK & no particular cause for her weight loss?
    I'd really want her re - examined tonight, to exclude an obstruction (blockage) & on a full "stasis" regime of pain relief, motility agents etc.

she's being treated for E-cuniculi

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by donnamt View Post
    ive not mixed a whole packet because i usually end up throwing it all away

i think my vets aim for 20ml every two hours, i personally havent mastered syringe feeds yet, but i am now prepared with my huge 20ml syringe.

hope shes better soon xxxx
    I syringe feed Snow with a 50ml syringe! My vets didnt have any 20mls left so had to give me a 50, it worked in the end, jsut had to do it really slowy so I didnt squirt too much into her mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowberry View Post
    I syringe feed Snow with a 50ml syringe! My vets didnt have any 20mls left so had to give me a 50, it worked in the end, jsut had to do it really slowy so I didnt squirt too much into her mouth!
    they go bigger

i was really chuffed with this monster, almost went to show Alvin.. but decided against tempting that little demon to the challenge

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

she saw a vet today but that was for her E.C/weightloss wasnt it, not stasis? (correct me if im wrong )

if this is the case she needs to see a vet

xxx

Gone but never forgotten, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Domino, and my sweet little Bertie, who was taken far too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by XMissySJx View Post
    she saw a vet today but that was for her E.C/weightloss wasnt it, not stasis? (correct me if im wrong )

if this is the case she needs to see a vet

xxx
    yes, that was for ec and weight probs
    ive got the sister vets emergency number on the card