• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

science recovery - HELP PLEASE (rosie)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
ive got a sachet what do i do? do i add water to it all or just abit, please rosie needs something, and won't touch anything :cry: ive got syringes just need to know what to do

Last edited:
Cut the end off your syringe before you try to get the food stuff into it.
Make the science recovery into a thickish paste - it needs to be thin enough to get into the syringe though....good luck.

Cut the end off your syringe before you try to get the food stuff into it.
Make the science recovery into a thickish paste - it needs to be thin enough to get into the syringe though....good luck.

thanks :cry: should i do the whole lot of the packet at once or just abit?

Also in the past I have found putting normal science selective pellets in a blender to make a fine powder. Then add water to it again.
Then you can add things like dried dandelion too.

I am giving Recovery to Pie at the moment for her GI stasis.
For the whole packet mix it with 70mls of water. I do this then leave it in the fridge so I can go back to it whenever I need it ready made. :)
EDIT: Make sure you mix it up so it becomes a liquidy-paste. If you leave it in the fridge stir it up abit as it tends to settle and seperate slightly.

if shes not eating anything i would pop her along to the vet hun, its nearly 12 hours til normal surgery :(

xxxx

i too am syringe feeding recovery after a trip to the vets tonight for peppers stasis.its the 2nd time hes had it in about 6 or 7 weeks.

If a vet has said she has stasis she will need small but frequent feeds. Has she seen a vet yet? She may need a quick injection of metaclop to get things moving, and in my experience faster action is best. I hope she gets better soon...it can be very stressful syringe feeding buns. One of my fosters recently had a two week spell of stasis where we syringe fed her every couple of hours every day! I was exhausted, but i was determined not to lose her.

ive not mixed a whole packet because i usually end up throwing it all away :oops:

i think my vets aim for 20ml every two hours, i personally havent mastered syringe feeds yet, but i am now prepared with my huge 20ml syringe.

hope shes better soon xxxx

yep i too am doing little but often,my bun loved it thou and after syringing 1 lot into his mouth he ate the rest off the spoon:lol:

i have just given her a tiny piece of brown toast and she ate that, thats all she will have

she was at vets this morning, but has now decided she doesn't want to eat

I'm concerned. Am I right that the vet found her teeth OK & no particular cause for her weight loss?
I'd really want her re - examined tonight, to exclude an obstruction (blockage) & on a full "stasis" regime of pain relief, motility agents etc.

ive not mixed a whole packet because i usually end up throwing it all away :oops:

i think my vets aim for 20ml every two hours, i personally havent mastered syringe feeds yet, but i am now prepared with my huge 20ml syringe.

hope shes better soon xxxx

I syringe feed Snow with a 50ml syringe! My vets didnt have any 20mls left so had to give me a 50, it worked in the end, jsut had to do it really slowy so I didnt squirt too much into her mouth!

I syringe feed Snow with a 50ml syringe! My vets didnt have any 20mls left so had to give me a 50, it worked in the end, jsut had to do it really slowy so I didnt squirt too much into her mouth!

they go bigger :shock::shock::shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i was really chuffed with this monster, almost went to show Alvin.. but decided against tempting that little demon to the challenge :lol::lol::lol:

she saw a vet today but that was for her E.C/weightloss wasnt it, not stasis? (correct me if im wrong :wave: )

if this is the case she needs to see a vet :)

xxx

she saw a vet today but that was for her E.C/weightloss wasnt it, not stasis? (correct me if im wrong :wave: )

if this is the case she needs to see a vet :)

xxx

yes, that was for ec and weight probs
ive got the sister vets emergency number on the card:wave:

Back