• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can a house bunny play in the snow?

:wave: I bring the snow in for my bunnies and they love it! If you have a box (like the bottom of an old cage, or an underbed storage box) fill it with snow, and bring it in. I just leave it in the room for them to investigate. They love to dig in it, as soon as the novelty wears off I put it back outside.

This is exactly what I do. Too cold for her outside, so bring the outside inside!

Nooooo

All these bunnies seem to be having loads of fun in the snow is it bad to let a house bunny out for a few mins?

Yes, they can get sick and get in a shock. What you can do is take some snow inside and let them play after a few mins you put it back outside. (Don't put it in the freezer it can turn into ice).Lastly, Only have them playing in the snow for a few minutes so they don't freeze don't force them if they don't want to play in the snow.

Yes, they can get sick and get in a shock. What you can do is take some snow inside and let them play after a few mins you put it back outside. (Don't put it in the freezer it can turn into ice).Lastly, Only have them playing in the snow for a few minutes so they don't freeze don't force them if they don't want to play in the snow.

Hi Bunny101 ad welcome to the Forum :wave:

My house bunnies love to go out for a wander all weathers, and have played out in the snow.
I meanwhile have been freezing with the door open so that they can come in whenever they feel like it :lol:

Do please introduce yourself and your rabbits - begin a new thread - if you wish :wave:

I think it depends on a few different things - Do your rabbits regularly go outside? How warm is it where they sleep? Will they be able to come back inside of their own accord?

My rabbits are house bunnies but their base is up against french doors and at the opposite side of the room to the radiator so in winter they're in the coolest place of the house, plus they play outside everyday, so despite being house rabbits they do still grow a much thicker coat of fur in the winter. I do let them play out in the snow but they're trained to tap at the french doors when they want to come back inside, and they're not usually out for long before they're asking to come back in again :lol:

ETA: Whoops didn't realise how old this was, sorry!

Back