• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Does Elyse HATE EveryBun :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have been trying to bond Elyse and Colin today after Elyse fell out with Declan and then failed to bond with Harry.

Elyse just keeps attacking Colin :cry:
Not in a fur pulling way but in an all out go for his bits/throat way :cry:

None of the bonding attempts were done any-where near sight or smell of other Rabbits and the territory is 100% neutral.

Could it be ME that's setting things off ? I make no secret of hating bonding and also I am not well atm so feel really stressy and anxious

:cry:

ETA-Sorry Mods, wrong Forum :oops:

:lol::lol: At Angie!

It could be you buns do pick up when we are happy sad etc and yes you could smell of other buns. Do either of them have any health issues? That can cause fights too

no expert by any means on bonding but could you place her beside someone where she can see smell and touch noses but have full on contact and see if she settles down after a couple of days. maybe no help like. hope you can get something sorted.

I don't know if their health plays a part.

Oscar, my new house bun, used to live with other bunnies, but his health rapidly deteriorated and he has viciously attacked those he lived with, plus other rabbits we have tried to bond him with.

He's now living with me as a single bun but I'm hoping that his health starts to improve (although I think it may be a long road), and long term we are looking to find him a partner when hes back to better health.

Does Elyse have any sight issues?

Our Dill apparently hates everybun too which we think is down to his poor sight (he's a REW).

It might also be that she needs more time on her own since her split with Declan - when Dill & Willow fell out, neither would bond with anybun else when we first tried (only 3 or 4 weeks later) but Willow bonded fine when we'd left it a couple of months.

Good luck & don't worry too much!

Elyse is absolutely fine health wise. Its just that she appears to not want to have direct contact with anyBun :?

Firstly Jane I cannot believe that it's anything to do with you.
Other members have mentioned the standard issues.

I'm very much a minority, but believe that the occasional bun prefers to be a single bun, even if successfully bonded before.
There is a very moving story of this in "rabbit care in the 21st. century" When the owner engaged a good "rabbit whisperer" in this situation.

What if it was someone you trusted? I know ARC do bondings, maybe you could ask and offer a small donations for their time?

I just couldn't trust anyone :oops:

I am thinking that I will just wait a few weeks then try Elyse with William.
He is an older Buck where-as Harry and Colin are young and rather.....Ermmmm...'frisky'......

I still think it is far too soon to try to bond her, she needs several weeks to get over the initial fight and now she has had bad experiences with 2 more bunnies. She is going to need quite some time to settle down before trying again :?

Maybe she had a bad experience with another bun before coming to you? She could be so scared of being bullied or attacked by another bun that she is attacking first to prevent herself getting hurt??

Just a thought. Hugs for the both of them x

perhaps shes just happy being a hoomin bunny nabbing all attention for her self, there are some buns that are happy like this :D

Oh well, in trying to do right by her I have obviously made things worse :roll:

Please, don't blame yourself; some bunnies (most bunnies) are lunatics:shock:. Either that or it is just me who is unable to figure out why they behave as they do:?.

Back