Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feed bonded buns pellets?

Default How do you feed bonded buns pellets?

I have bonded Sooty and Oreo today but need to give them some pellets - Do I use a bowl or just scatter them - both get VERY excited over pellets and I dont want them to fight over them!
    Mummy to my two beautiful boys Jack born 27th August 2011 and George 21st July 2013 and two bunnies Sooty and Mittens. Binky free Charlie and Oreo xx

I think newly bonded I would just scatter them to be safe ?
    Charlie the bunny
    Puddy & Buggly & Sabrina the cats
    Willow the cockatiel
    Rhod & Ryan & Ed & Brad & Wayne the rats

I scatter feed them, it try to put it in different places too so they have to 'work' for it

I agree. Scatter or hand feed them

13/4/11 - Binky free Roo ... always loved & never forgotten xxx
    16/5/11 - Binky free Trix ... our little princess xxx

Can't you place down two bowls, one in front of each bun at the same time and make sure there's a little extra food, to prevent a fight over it?

ok that was successful - I scattered a pile each end and luckily they went either end so there was no fighting phewww...
    Just gotta get through the night now..
    This bunny bonding is exhausting
    Mummy to my two beautiful boys Jack born 27th August 2011 and George 21st July 2013 and two bunnies Sooty and Mittens. Binky free Charlie and Oreo xx

Quote Originally Posted by kaths101 View Post
    This bunny bonding is exhausting
    What time did you start?
    I normally bond in summer cos you can get up at sunrise and sit in the garden with the bunnies all day, it doesn't feel like such hard work then

I think i've finally got feeding sussed! My two have been bonded for four months now and Ollie is a complete pelletmonster! He will eat about three or four pellets at a time while Amber will daintily eat one at a time in a ladylike fashion. I did hand feed them up until three weeks ago so i knew who was getting what but recently they have started to scoff at the same pace (sort of) and will eat from seperate bowls side by side. I just watch and make sure Ollie doesn't pinch many of Amber's pellets
    Mum to Amber & Ollie (from FF's). Sponsor mum to Larry & Elvis (RIP Bertie) from Rainbow

My pair have a cat dish with two depressions, yet they feed out of the same bowl.

As i have just (fingers crossed it stays this way) bonded a trio, I thought I'd put an extra bowl down just in case but all three shoved their heads into the same dish again

You could try a bowl and if there are any signs of a problem take it out and scatter feed. Just keep doing this until they both accept the bowl I would say

Quote Originally Posted by SisterMoonbeam View Post
    My pair have a cat dish with two depressions, yet they feed out of the same bowl.

As i have just (fingers crossed it stays this way) bonded a trio, I thought I'd put an extra bowl down just in case but all three shoved their heads into the same dish again

You could try a bowl and if there are any signs of a problem take it out and scatter feed. Just keep doing this until they both accept the bowl I would say
    None of mine have bowls. I dont really see the point in them. I just put a small pile of pellets on the floor in their room as they eat them all straight away anyways.