• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thankgod my parents are not that interested in me and my rabbits

Never thought id be saying that but saved myself a huge row/fall out/end of the world yesterday..... my mum and dad came round, i was panicking (they dont know of my 2 ''extra bunnies'', who live downstairs). Only of my babies upstairs (of which caused massive fights:cry:)
i
ve shown them photos of my little ones (the ones upstairs, who are my beautiful SophieAnnie and my Shauny. But never told them of Lilly and Tilly (downstairs).

Anyhow we were hoping to keep them contained in the kitchen (thats the folks:lol:), but they couldnt help themselves and opened the room to the lounge.... and saw our Lilly n Tilly :shock:.
My heart was in my mouth (really didnt want a screaming match right then)...... and then my dad comes out with ''i thought you kept them upstairs'', to which my o/h replied, cool as a cucumber ''yer we used to, but decided to move them down here'';). Everybody went away happy:lol::lol:.

Although im still amazed that they didnt twig, all the photos ive shown them of Shauny and SophieAnnie, they are worlds apart from Lil n Til, for a start my Shauny and SophieAnnie have lop ears and Til n Lil have straight ears.... the list goes on:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Why dont you want your parents to know?
Surely they cant do anything about it if its your house?

My mum and i havnt really got a good relationship, in short everything i seem to do is wrong or stupid, would have loved to recorded our ''conversation'' when she found out ive had rabbits for years in my house, i was called everything, and they should be in a hutch in the garden, they are not pets people bother with ect. Its way too much past to go into. My family have just never really got me or understood my love for rabbits, and ive given up trying to explain to them.

Keep them in the kitchen? They wouldn't get through my front door with that attitude! :shock:

I do agree but after the last xmas, (m/h issues on my part, again this was my fault, pull yourself together, get a grip, you are disowned ect) my gran and grandad were so upset and begged me to ''make friends'' in the end i had to, and have to think of them, my nan is 85 and my grandad is 88, and they are my world and family i couldnt bear to see them upset.

Ha, Clever boyfriend! I sympathise because I get the same attitude from my boyfriends parents, our 4 rabbits live outdoors though. In the summer his mum constantly tells me that I'll be infested with flys because of the rabbits. :roll:

I use to keep my two bunnies outside in a hutch but I thought it was kinda mean keeping them in a hutch they just didn't feel like part of the family so I brought them inside they now live with me in my bedroom and they are so much tamer.I've had many rows wih my mum too about me keeping them in my bedroom she was like it's not very hygienic but she's now changed her mind after seeing them and how well litter trained they are they are very clean animals and are always cleaning their fur and you don't need to wash them.I was actually quite surprised how quickly they learnt to use the litter tray.

lucky they ( the parents ) didnt need the loo lol

next time turn the heating off, run out of milk and then they will be cold and go home

venice

Good thinking O/H. Its also great that you have met someone who sounds like he loves buns as much as you.

Familys eh, who would you choose if you could choose your own?

My mum and i havnt really got a good relationship, in short everything i seem to do is wrong or stupid, would have loved to recorded our ''conversation'' when she found out ive had rabbits for years in my house, i was called everything, and they should be in a hutch in the garden, they are not pets people bother with ect. Its way too much past to go into. My family have just never really got me or understood my love for rabbits, and ive given up trying to explain to them.

Oh Lord, i so know where you are coming from hun:( I no longer speak to my parents, and haven't for the last 2 years, due to very similar isues. i also didn't tell them about extra animals I go when we were speaking, as she just does not 'get' why I love animals so much (hmmm, I wonder mother!). Big ((hugs)) for what I'm sure is a very trying time xx

My mum is exactly the same :roll: I used to be like you and worry like mad as arguments would break out, but as the years went on I realised I was a grown adult with my own house and family, not a child to be controled anymore. One christmas day my mum came round and it ended in her having a go again, all hell broke loose and she hit me :shock: I got mad and slapped her back and threw her out (I know she is my mum and I shouldnt of hit her back) We didnt speak for a year but eventualy ended up talking again, cant remember how. We have got on heaps since then tbh and she respects me now (or darent say other wise :lol: ) She will make a little dig every now and then but I stand my ground instantly and she darent carry on. It was a shame it took what happened to happen, but at the end of the day i was a grown woman.

Its crazy i seem to turn into a child again whenever my mum challenges or fights with me, i hate being like it and really wish i could stand up for myself and what i believe in..... i think ive just found my new years resolution:lol:.

Back