Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vibes for Hope please... I'm scared I might lose her U/D Still with us!

Alpha Buck

Default Vibes for Hope please... I'm scared I might lose her U/D Still with us!

I picked Hope up today to check bottoms [I do it everyday, don't ask me why] and she's painfully thin. I've taken her away from Faith for now and given her some porridge which she's licking at off and on, and she's nibbled her way through a sprout.

She's eating okay, and her eyes are bright, she's just so very thin, and I'm terrified I'll lose her suddenly. Clover and Blackberry were bright eyed and lively right up until they died in the night three or four months apart. I really don't want to lose a third bunny this year.

Any suggestions what else I can do to try and bring her weight up would be appreciated too - I'm praying it's just a case of Faith being a pig and scoffing all the pellets.
    Last edited by crysta; 27-12-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Perhaps you can book an appointment with the vets. I'm sorry, I don't know what else to suggest. It is good that she's eating. Have you tried giving her barley rings? You can get a big bag from a farm quite cheap.
    Sending lots of vibes for your little girl xxxx

Lots of vibes for Hope. I use porridge with mashed banana when I need to get weight on Snowdrop.

I too would say to book her in at the vets for them to check her over, its best to be safe Porridge is good for putting on weight, you may need to up her pellets aswell. Maybe she wasnt getting her fair share? I would panacur too, but im sure the vets will advise this

Sending lots of vibes for little Hope xXx
    Could you offer one of our bunnies in care a forever home?? RSPCA Walsall Bunnies

Has she had her teeth checked she could have a dental spur, I think it is worth having her looked at by your vet before she loses any more weight.

Tuckerbunnies on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucke...06739326052403
    Tuckerbunnies Rabbit Sanctuary and Bunny Boarding.
    http://www.findpetboarding.com/small...g/profile/5253

Alpha Buck

I'm probably overreacting a bit, but as I said, I lost Clover and Blackberry without any warning during the night both times so I'm terrified Hope's going to do the same.

She's stuffing herself on cold porridge at the moment, and dunking her ears in it. I think I'm just panicking because it's winter and even though she's an indoor bun I'm afraid it might get too cold for her with no fat on her bones.

She's going to the vet if she doesn't improve soon, but with her eating and being lively and nosy I'm hoping she's not ill, just being starved by her fat-bottom sister.

I have the same problem with Pipkin at the moment; Ruby has been eating all his food and he's really thin
    I'm seperating them for feeding and he's put a bit of weight on. I'm also going to panacur them just in case.
    They're outside rabbits and I'm worried about the cold.
    I feed Pipkin porridge with banana and give him a few extra handfulls of pellets throughout the day. I think it's best to try and put weight on them gradually.
    I'm sure Hope will be fine. Keep an eye on her weight over the next couple of days and make sure it doesn't go down at all.

Thank you FondueKid! :-)

Currently bunny mum to Ruby and Willow
    Binky Free Widget and Pipkin <3 <3

You have had some good advice already so I just want to send you some good eating vibes, hope all goes well

Alpha Buck

So far we're good, she's been picking at the porridge [I don't think she knows what to do with it], and I've brought the small run inside so I can keep her and Faith separate for a little bit but both of them still have space to move.

My main concern now is the tiny little hard pellety poos - what does this mean?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by crysta View Post
    So far we're good, she's been picking at the porridge [I don't think she knows what to do with it], and I've brought the small run inside so I can keep her and Faith separate for a little bit but both of them still have space to move.

My main concern now is the tiny little hard pellety poos - what does this mean?
    Reduced gut motility which is a 'warning sign' that all is not well.

Please take her to your Vet tomorrow. Weightloss should ALWAYS merit a Vet check, especially if it is happening despite the fact the Bun is still eating.

Sometimes weightloss is the only symptom of an underlying illness.

Sending vibes xx

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London