• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marsha JUST died

Angorakeeper

Young Bun
and I have no idea why!

She was a little lethargic this morning, and she didnt eat all of her hay. But i wasnt really worried about her. I came home from work and got her out of her cage. She ate some hay and was hopping around. JUST now. I heard a plop, and I looked in her pen, and she was dead.

I have no clue what happened, and I am pretty upset :(

I have been a rabbit owner for nearly 7 years. but I have always had one rabbit until now.

Is this something common? For rabbits to suddenly die?

Thank you all for your support.

they can do, weve had a few mystery deaths lately

any change of getting a post mortom done at the vets ??

did you ever worm your buns at all ?

i know you have the name angora, was your bun an angora that past away ?

yes, Marsha is one of my angoras.

I have never even heard of worming a bunny, and I have had bunnies for ages!

I dont think I will bother with a post mortom. I am very short on money right now, and it will not chance the fact that she is dead.

She was my newest rescue bun. She came to me skinny, matted, soaked in pee, and covered in fleas just 3 months ago. I put weight on her, shaved her mats her fur grew back nicely!, and treated her for fleas. I was just about to get her spayed a couple of weeks from now.
and now she is dead!

Poor thing, I know she didnt have a good life before me. maybe she was sick from being matted, urine soaked, and covered in fleas :(

I was just starting to get attached to her. I just decided earlier this week that I was not going to adopt her out, but keep her as my own.

I have had Ryo for 6-7 years. I cannot imagine when she goes :(
And I am super attached to Mr. Charmin.

could be some underlieing nuerological prob, buns annoyingly hide there pain well

my spelling so bad today but you get what i mean

was she with any other buns, just in case i would thoughly clean bleach steam how ever you clean A.S.A.P.

she was living next door to Charmin. but she has never had contact with other buns.
I will clean her pen really really well. thank you.

Back