• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny won't stop licking me

Hi -

I know licking is a sign of affection, and it is lovely, but recently my bunny just won't stop licking me. If it's not my hands it's my clothes and it's contstant.

Do you think she's lacking in anything or just a habbit she's got into recently?

thanks

He he!! My Craigy is a licker too!! I asked the vet about it, wondered if he had a salt deficiency or something?? She said that it was more likely to be behavioural than nutritional. I tried putting a salt lick in my hand but he still licked me rather than the salt lick so she must be right!! When he gets carried away with his lickys he nudges with his head as well so I reckon it is sort of grooming and asking for a grooming in return. I think it's really sweet!

My boy used to do this as well - he was always climbing on me trying to lick my face, hands, chew my hair, constantly trying to get affection and following me around, and I felt so bad about leaving him alone when I was out of the house that I got him a wee girl, and now he couldn't care less about me!! He licks my nose for a couple of seconds then runs off to find Phoebe and groom her instead! Take it as a compliment - if you get your wee one a friend she'll most likely drop you so appreciate it while you can!! ;)

My boy used to do this as well - he was always climbing on me trying to lick my face, hands, chew my hair, constantly trying to get affection and following me around, and I felt so bad about leaving him alone when I was out of the house that I got him a wee girl, and now he couldn't care less about me!! He licks my nose for a couple of seconds then runs off to find Phoebe and groom her instead! Take it as a compliment - if you get your wee one a friend she'll most likely drop you so appreciate it while you can!! ;)

OOOO, Quag does this a lot, he does lick other people occasionally, but licks me a lot!! Anything he can get his little tongue on!!

Maybe he really really does need a little lady. Still looking by the way!
Though I'm not looking forward sharing him!!!:love:

Dex is a serial licker... my hands, pockets, face... my OH in general... it's weird... he is sat with us on the sofa at the moment licking my OH's nose, while the OH screws his face up like he's constipated :roll:

No idea what it means... not sure its kisses, would love to think so tho... :D

Ahh,I miss being licked!Will used to try & stick her tongue up my nose.She was a very licky bun.B wont even groom Dill let alone us!:lol:

My rabbit would only lick my face when it was sweaty.. from an extremely tiring soccer game or something.. So I assumed he did it for the salt. Because that was the only time he ever licked- he wasnt much into licking anything.. not even his girlbun!

:lol:they also like the salt in your skin :lol: they always wants summin buns do

just watch for when theyve eaten there own poop thennnnnnnnnn wanna shong :D:love: true luv that

Back