• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My precious Sylvie

Jayne

Mama Doe
Can't believe the awful day has come when I have to come on here and say goodbye to my precious baby,too upset to write much other than we'll always love you Sylvie and I'm sorry I had to make the awful decision to let you go xxxx

God bless Sylvie rest in peace. it is such a tough decision to make but am sure you did the kindest thing for her and she's at peace now xx

Thanks everyone,her back legs went a few weeks ago and she was treated with everything going but they went again suddenly last night,she couldn't move them at all.Got her to the vets and he said he thought he could feel a mass pressing on her spine,we could've tried more medication but he said we were just buying time really so I thought it was kindest to let her go (I feel so guilty though) The vet left me alone with her as she went so I could kiss and stroke her and tell her how much we loved her.So awful going out to just Gabbie this morning :(

Thanks everyone,her back legs went a few weeks ago and she was treated with everything going but they went again suddenly last night,she couldn't move them at all.Got her to the vets and he said he thought he could feel a mass pressing on her spine,we could've tried more medication but he said we were just buying time really so I thought it was kindest to let her go (I feel so guilty though) The vet left me alone with her as she went so I could kiss and stroke her and tell her how much we loved her.So awful going out to just Gabbie this morning :(

You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. Letting Sylvie have a dignified passing was the bravest most selfless thing to do. A gift of love and Sylvie will have known that.

I hope that you and Gabbie can be a comfort to each other at this very sad time

xx

Back