• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Murphy our Angel

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
Murphy our little angel was hit by a car and killed on Friday 30th October 2009 at around 10am!
Murphy was our little Ginger boy born 10th March 2008 and we were blessed with his presence on 26 April 2008 just after my boyfriends 21st birthday. We were living in our own house and I have had cat's all my life so were got Murphy. His story is unusul.
I had not long been in my new job when I heard a colleague had a cat who was having kittens. I spoke to him and he agreed we could have one. It sounds silly but we wanted a ginger kitten. When he came in the next day he said she had, had, 2 black and white and we said we would like one. However by luch he had a call to say she had a third, a ginger boy! It was fate from the start. He wasn't sure if he was to keep him at first but eventually he agreed we could give him a home! From the start he was amazing, the most affectionate cat I have known. We moved to a bigger house but after he had been castrated he would go out but not leave the garden. We worked full time and we were worried he was lonely so we got Nala our princess tortoiseshell. He was a bit rough at first but loved her the same. Then he started going over the fence, I guess it was inevetable! Sadly things for us took a turn for thew worse and we were forced to live apart, I rented a room and my OH went home. His parents have 3 big dog's and I wasn't allowed the cat's so my mum agreed to take them! I have never seen them so spoilt, she had another cat Simba who although was not there best friend he loved them all the same! I was so relaxed about them being so happy and we had agreed that my mum would keep them as it was best for them.
So on 30th October (the day my OH and I moved back in together) I had missed calls on my mobile, I picked up a paniced voicemail from my mum's partner and I knew something was up. I called back and all I heard was 'MURPHYS DEAD' I made my OH turn the van around that we were in, on our way to the new house. I had to get out as I had a panic attack. When I got there we were all in floods of tears. It turns out he had been knocked down and killed instantly. The lady who did it had got the address from his ID bell and brought him round. We were and still are devestated!
However I am a strong beliver in fate. At only a few months old Murphy had intersusception (sp) where he swallowed some string and his guts had turned inside out. It nearly killed him and he had an emergeny op. It was ill fated from the start. He was only 18 months old when he was killed. I truly believe he was an Angel on this earth and was needed back at Rainbow Bridge to look after all the other animals and people we have so sadly lost. He was far too good for this horrible world and was the most amazing, laid back soul. My neighbour used to lay in the street with him and fuss him. He trusted everyone and everything!!
Nala is lost without him but we couldn't bring him back to show her, it was too much. He was cremated Thu 3rd and returned last Thu. I will be visiting him tommorow. He is back in the study where he loved to be with Pete my mum's OH.
I will be in church on Xmas Eve and be praying for him and my grandad, along with all the other animals and people we lost!!
I just believe he was needed back in Heaven I really do and that this was meant to be in some strange way!

REST IN PEACE MY PRINCE! LOOK AFTER EVERYONE ONE UP THERE IN HEAVEN!!! :love::love::love:

phonek7701114.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness how sad :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss - Murphy sounded a wonderful little man :love:

RIP Murphy, watch over mummy xxx

Thnaks everyone. He really was amazing, go gentle. I am just uploading a photo, I will be getting this made into a canvass print after xmas!

Back