• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Photography/Pet Stress!!

Pets at home do this regularly.

Most people are sensible enough to only take dogs in, and I have seen some really good photos from it.

Those who take small animals etc, in my opinion, are unfair on the pet. unless it is used to going places.

Pets at home do this regularly.

Most people are sensible enough to only take dogs in, and I have seen some really good photos from it.

Those who take small animals etc, in my opinion, are unfair on the pet. unless it is used to going places.

Thats the thing though, PAH are encouraging people to take small animals in to the store! :( Rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, guineas, tortoises, were all listed and all on posters up on this stand and on the leaflet :(

When I saw this in store I said quite loudly to my Mum that I would never bring mine in. I photograph my own as others have seen here! I would do other small animals, but only in their home, in their environment. Even with my own I don't do it for long. 15 mins at the most.

Which reminds me, I must do that new signature!

i have to admit we took our puppy in as our local one was only doing dog ones and the photographer was rude, impatient and bad mannered its one thing to take a dog in but there is no way i will be taking either of the buns in or the cats and tbh i wouldnt take the dog in again although we got some lovely photos the editing was awful and overpriced and i was disappointed with the result my parents also took their dog in who is a boxer and decided not to bother i took some lovely pics of him at home in his own environment and stress free where he was much happier.

Well like i said i took my rabbits in yesterday and they where fine :love:
Mine are used to going out as i do take them to pet shows e.t.c so going out in there carrier and in the car does not bother them.
I still think it depends on the individual animal. If you have got a rabbit who is skitish then obviously thats not right but my rabbits arent, fireworks do not bother them, the dog doesnt bother them, e.t.c they are used to been round people, animals and nosie because of them going to shows since been babies.

The photographer was also really good in the sense he took the photos of the rabbits and then told me to go and put them straight back in the car :D

Mine are used to going out as i do take them to pet shows e.t.c so going out in there carrier and in the car does not bother them.
I still think it depends on the individual animal. If you have got a rabbit who is skitish then obviously thats not right ...

unfortunatly there are far too many people who just don't think what thair animal may be feeling and will drag them in regardless because 'its cute'

unfortunatly there are far too many people who just don't think what thair animal may be feeling and will drag them in regardless because 'its cute'

Yeah i understand that, but the photographer said to me he had only had 3 ferrets in that day, the rest was dogs.. :D

IMO i cant see anything wrong with it as long as the animal isnt distressed :love:

I took Andy in last year for photographs. He wasnt fazed at all, more excited than anything :lol:. Quite a few people already take their dogs into the store aswell, and half the dogs we saw last year in photographs looks fine.

I agree with the small animal thing though, I personally wouldnt do it as I know Oggie would hate it and I would lose Delila in the store :lol:

I think it depends ont he animal.

At the rescue i voluennter(sp? gersh can never spell that word!)Holds chritmas photos every year at Pet Smarts and a majority of the money goes to the rescue which really needs it.

Crazyt123;3414986[B said:
I think it depends ont he animal.[/B]

At the rescue i voluennter(sp? gersh can never spell that word!)Holds chritmas photos every year at Pet Smarts and a majority of the money goes to the rescue which really needs it.

I agree, my thoughts exactly

whoops sorry bout the spellign mistakes!

I would take my dog and bun.Kaspers used to traveling and Sued to people and what not being a Show bun. and Farleys loves meeting new people and what not.But I wouldnt take my cats or bird because it would stress them out.

I think people need to pay attenion and not bring animals that get stressed or scared because that will create problems with other animals because it spreads throught the whole group.

dogs i think would be ok...well not my dog, she's terrified of camera's :roll:

But rabbits, cats and other animals :shock: thats just asking for trouble! There'd be escapee's everywhere! I know my bun would be petrified going to a store with so many people and different smells. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I wouldn't take my bunnies, they don't like going in the car, they could pick up germs from other bunnies, and I usually try to keep them away from dogs. I can take my own photos, and don't really like these "who's got the cutest pet" contests and people asking all their friends and forum buddies to vote, etc.. They are animals and not decorations. I don't even take my kids to a photographer.

Back