• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jim (Pickle)

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
When Jim and his wife Ella arrived here we knew he was terminally ill and we wouldn't have long together. I tried hard not to get attached but Jim was such a quirky character you couldn't help but love him.

His strength and determined spirit were something to be admired and yet again we are privileged to have had the chance to care for such a special bunny.

He leaves behind his devoted wife-bun Ella, who after 8 and half years together will be devastated by her loss :(

Binky Free Jim, breathe easy now and do some happy flops in the warmth of the sun at the bridge xxxxxx

HPIM2361.jpg

HPIM2374.jpg

HPIM2371.jpg

This one always makes me smile
PA290007.jpg

HPIM2488.jpg

Oh Liz I am so sorry :cry: Poor Jim :cry: It's just not fair that these special bunnies don't get more time with you & Steve :cry:

Sending lots of hugs & for you & snuggles for Ella xxx

Binky free Jim, watch over Ella for mummy xxx

At least you gave them the chance to be together and be loved for his final few months :love:

Poor Ella, she really was completely devoted to him :cry: :cry:

Oh no! What happened?
Jim was such a darling :love: (Met him at Kris')

We had to let him go Hetty, his lung cancer had progressed too far. We were going to do it 2 weeks ago but we managed to keep him comfortable for a little longer. He was a walking skeleton, and he had to sit upright all the time to breathe, he couldn't relax at all. His whole body rocked with the effort to get air in :(

If we had left any longer he would have started to really suffer and we couldn't let that happen.

:( So sorry Liz, you did the right thing although it's heartbreaking. RIP beautiful Jim, and big hugs to you, Steve and Ella xxx

We had to let him go Hetty, his lung cancer had progressed too far. We were going to do it 2 weeks ago but we managed to keep him comfortable for a little longer. He was a walking skeleton, and he had to sit upright all the time to breathe, he couldn't relax at all. His whole body rocked with the effort to get air in :(

If we had left any longer he would have started to really suffer and we couldn't let that happen.

Yes, I remember him having lung abcesses.
Poor little man.
Binky and breathe free Jim :(
Xxxxxxxxx

Yes, I remember him having lung abcesses.
Poor little man.
Binky and breathe free Jim :(
Xxxxxxxxx

thats right, except his original owner hadn't been completely truthful about his medical history, so we had tests done and it was cancer not absesses :(

Back