• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild babies in need

torc

New Kit
hi, new to this forum,
i went to the stables today and rescued 3 abandoned baby rabbits. mum was dead near straw.
babies were soaking wet.
they are about 4 inches long, eyes are open, alert now they've warmed up.
what is the best thing to feed them, how often?
thanks,
tor

hi, new to this forum,
i went to the stables today and rescued 3 abandoned baby rabbits. mum was dead near straw.
babies were soaking wet.
they are about 4 inches long, eyes are open, alert now they've warmed up.
what is the best thing to feed them, how often?
thanks,
tor

I have never had baby bunnies so hopefully someone will be along soon. You need to keep them warm for now.

Bumping up, but search orphan wild baby bunnies in different variants.

Im sure its goats milk that you can feed them

Can someone please help

The best possible milk would be from a live surrogate mother, so you might want to check any local rescues to see if they have any lactating does.

Surely it depends how old they are? If they have their eyes open they must be at least 12-14 days old...

I would say it would be best to call a wildlife place for advice :? I would feed them things you would find outdoors like grass/weeds/leaves etc

I'll go and try to find some info for you xXx

We took in a approx 3 week old wildie bun, her eyes were open, we gave her cimicat ( available from the vet) with biolapis added. We also offered her grass etc. We fed her 4 times a day and she did very well. Sadly at about 10 months, she broke a leg and we were advised to PTS, I wish we were on the forum at this point, because neither we, nor our vets, realised amputation was an option.:(

Back