• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Great News About Rosie - U/D She's Gone

Oh helen..you are so brave.....dont ry to be...rosie will know..... bandit knew he was grateful for an end to the pain. willow saldy passed before she culd even get in the taxi to the vets...
capser tho....he was the most amazing of them all..he knew his time was up and he told us so....and we took him to be pts and hed got worse within a few hours before his time slot.
he fell as soon as he was given the sedative let alone the final injection.
he layu there like he was asleep so calm so peaceful..and latho it tore our hearts out..we knew the expression on his little face was one of pure relief.

i will be thinking of you and little rosie tomorrow:cry:

heres a poem i found has helped with the passing of our cat with heart failure..our kidney cat...our first housebun...and the buns who passed by themselves. dear little bandit and casper too....
it was written for a beloved cat..but we thought the words so perfect that we had it read at my dads cremation.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/request.htm

its a poem that helps in time....eventually.

kisses and nose rubs goodbye for rosie...xxx

and hugs upon hugs for you.....xxxxx

i am so sorry to hear this. poor rosie. you are being so brave and a fantastic bunny mum, knowing when is best for her to go. such a hard decision to have to make. vibes for a peaceful passing for rosie. xxxxx :cry:

From Friend to Friend

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the ties that hold me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady Rabbit,
My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young Bun once again.

(c) Karen Clouston

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts.

And thank you so much Debs and Jane for those lovely poems. The words are beautiful and they're very comforting.

Rosie went peacefully at 11.10am this morning. She was enjoying nose rubs and was doing happy tooth chattering right to the end.

Rob and I are heartbroken, she was our baby and it's going to be so hard without her. :cry:

I will post on Rainbow Bridge soon.

Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts.

And thank you so much Debs and Jane for those lovely poems. The words are beautiful and they're very comforting.

Rosie went peacefully at 11.10am this morning. She was enjoying nose rubs and was doing happy tooth chattering right to the end.

Rob and I are heartbroken, she was our baby and it's going to be so hard without her. :cry:

I will post on Rainbow Bridge soon.

Sending you huge ((((((((((( Hugs )))))))))))

Rosie will remain in your hearts forever

xx

We're so sorry Helen, big hugs to both you and Rob.

Rosie was a very special bun who knew how much you loved her, she will be sadly missed by those that knew her.

I'm so very sorry :cry: I think that was a lovely peaceful way to go and that you made a very brave decision. It was without a doubt the right thing to do. I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: RIP Rosie x

so very sorry for you loss. I'm glad Rosie's passing was peaceful and that she was happy right to the end..please try to take comfort in that,
thinking of you
sleep tight Rosie xxx

Helen am so sorry for you and rob's loss :( Im also sorry i didnt see this before but thank you for texting me to let me know.
You are both lovely people and i wish i could do something to ease the pain a little but i know how awful you must be feeling.
Rosie truely was a beautiful bun and i know how much she will be missed.
Sending you lots of hugs and :love: xx
She got the best care a bun could ever wish for with you

Words cannot express just how upset I am for both you and Rob, Helen :cry:

Rosie is a very lucky little girl to have parents like you both :love:

Sleep well little girl :love:

Back