• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bernie Bunny 5th November 2009

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Dear little Bernie had to leave us for Rainbow Bridge today. She was approaching 9 years of age and had battled so many health problems in her latter years. These included chronic Otitis Externa, Pneumonia, advanced Dental Disease and Spinal Arthritis. Despite all this Bernie was always a very chilled and happy wee soul :love: She became devoted to her HusBun, Colonel Colin, and he too was devoted to her.

004-63.jpg

005-54.jpg

But today it was obvious that Bernie was just too tired and frail to go on :cry: Her arthritis was giving her alot of pain despite her having acupuncture and 2 different analgesics. She had also developed yet more molar spurs which had started to cut into her cheeks and tongue :cry: She only had a Dental 4 weeks ago.There was no way that she could tolerate another one.

Bernie was the first of my Buns to be treated by Christobel. Bernie had Pneumonia and our previous Vet refused to give her more than 7 days of Baytril...........:roll:
But Christobel made Bernie better :)

Sadly no-one could do that for Bernie today and we had to let her go :cry:
Bernie passed away very peacefully at 1120hrs with me and Colonel Colin by her side.

We will both miss her very, very much

bernie.jpg

Last edited:
so sorry you lost Bernie Jane :(:cry: she is pain free now though... well done for taking such good care of her for so long x

Jane I am so sorry. You gave her such a lovely life, she couldnt have wanted for anything. You did the right thing. Sending hugs to you and noserubs for Colonel Colin. Binky free Bernie - the arthritus can't hold you back anymore!

Aww jane i'm so sorry bernie bunny had a brilliant life with you and colonal colin RIP bernie binky free at the bridge

What lovely photos. I can only hope my bun lives to such a good, happy age.

Binky free gorgeous Bernie. xxx

Im so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl,she couldnt of had a better mummy.Sleep tight beautiful Bernie xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you everyone :)

Even when you are certain that PTS is the right thing to do it is still so hard :cry:

I could not allow Bernie to suffer though, she was such a sweet little Bunny :love:

I'm so sorry for your loss today :cry: I can't imagine she could go more peacefully than with you and her husbun by her side. She had a wonderful life. :)
I'm sure you and Colonel Colin will miss her very much :cry:. RIP Bernie x

Back