Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Readigrass

Default Readigrass

I have 5 bunnies and three of them (Ghostie, Pickle and Benji) are literally walking barrels at the moment
    I have increased their feed slightly because it's Winter but they look HUGE!
    I was talking to Kris about it and was just wondering whether readigrass is fattening as all 5 of them have a handful at dinner time.
    I thought it was just freeze dried grass?
    Hetty...

My Heart Has Joined the Thousand, For My Friend Stopped Running Today.
    Have fun at the bridge my gorgeous Gabriel and Benji. Scarlett will look after you x x

Mine all love readigrass, but i only give a handful about 3/4 times a week between 2 buns as i was told on here it is fattening They would eat bucketfuls if they could! xXx
    Could you offer one of our bunnies in care a forever home?? RSPCA Walsall Bunnies

I'm sure i've read somewhere it is high in both calories and calcium
    Mum to Amber & Ollie (from FF's). Sponsor mum to Larry & Elvis (RIP Bertie) from Rainbow

Mine have a decent handful in the evening between 2 buns with their pellets. They love it and are not overweight.

I do, however, feed it more if I am trying to put weight on a bun.

I have noticed that it makes them thirsty.
    Erin and Paul - Bunny Mummy and Daddy to: Moley and Squirrel / Uno, Pico and Amelie / Bea, Florrie, Archie and Reggie / Pancake and Billy / Penny and Albie / Geronimo, Solomon and Luna

Binky free our beautiful Louis and Lilia - until we meet again. xxx

http://www.wagnwoof.co.uk/

It's wierd as some of them are fatty lumps and some of them aren't.
    They don't eat their pellets all at once and all share them nicely.
    They get plenty of food to eat and share so have no worries about food competition as they all congregrate round their dog bowl
    Maybe I'll see what Damian thinks. I may be just being paranoid.
    Is a handful too much between 5 bunnies?
    They have 3 Giant Rabbit Bottles and have it filled up roughly every 3 days (when they're low - they don't drink excessively)
    I know it makes them thirsty as they have little-no moisture.
    Hetty...

Have fun at the bridge my gorgeous Gabriel and Benji. Scarlett will look after you x x

My 2 look huge at the mo but B is growing her gorgeus thick teddy bear winter coat.Cant keep my hands off her!!

Beautiful Barley, Dashing Dill & Casper the cemetery bun.My three amazing rabbits whom I love with all my heart.x

Quote Originally Posted by willowholly View Post
    My 2 look huge at the mo but B is growing her gorgeus thick teddy bear winter coat.Cant keep my hands off her!!
    I did think about this.... Toffee is a massive fluffy teddy so can't really see how big he is, but as he's 7 I closely monitor him and he's doing fantastically
    Hetty...

I've also read it's high in calcium but I can't understand why as grass has the right level of calcium, so I don't know if it's accurate. I would like to know though as Artie loves Readigrass but I have to be really careful with calcium for him.

I don't get why it would be more fattening than hay - just more nutritious, but I haven't seen the scientific breakdowns so I don't know

I meant to ask Artie's vet (FHB) about it last week but I forgot, I remembered to ask about Green Oat Hay and that is okay for calcium and phosphorus.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Still think I'll buy another bale as if it does prove to bad for them could always give it to my friend who gives it to her horse.
    Hetty...

Quote Originally Posted by *Spider* View Post
    Maybe I'll see what Damian thinks.

What does their normal diet and diet routine consist of, Hetty? I wouldn't have thought that a handful of readigrass between 5 would be too much. I'd have thought it was more likely to be something like yummy carrot. Do they get much veg?
    Looking for RHD2 vaccine or want more info? Join our Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/
    To view reported cases of RHD2 or vets reported to have RHD2 vaccine: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk
    Here's my RHD2 and myxomatosis blog:https://rhd2diary.wordpress.com