• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fraggle Pop

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Had to let my little cheeky boy Fraggle Pop go today :(

He'd battled respiratory problems for a long time and had just gradually gone down hill in the last month or so despite every effort. He used to be a proper porker at almost 900g and he'd lost half his body weight.

He was a cheeky monkey, into everything but he loved human attention and was such a loving little thing. A very greedy boy who I frequently had to fish out of the bin after he'd fallen into it!!

I took him and his cage mate Sprockett Rocket to the vets today. Sprockett needed another steroid injection and I wanted him to know that Fraggle had passed on and not just disappeared. On the way home Sprockett was in the carrier with Fraggle and was lying on him to keep him warm :cry:

They only live a short time, but by God they break your heart when you lose them :cry:

My greedy boy in the bin!!
FraggleintheBin019.jpg

Oh I'm so sorry.

Sleep well little man. xxx

Hopefully it won't be too long before your giving another little creature an awesome name to match Sprockett Rocket and Fraggle Pop. x

So sorry. He was beautiful. You are right about them breaking your heart. I only had my first rat 6 weeks as I adopted 2 very elderly boys to give them nice warm quiet place to live out the time they had left. When Jonathan had to be pts I sobbed my heart out and so did the OH.

I'm so sorry Laura :cry: Fraggle Pop sounds like he was a wonderful little character.

Have fun at the bridge little fella xxx

So sorry. He was beautiful. You are right about them breaking your heart. I only had my first rat 6 weeks as I adopted 2 very elderly boys to give them nice warm quiet place to live out the time they had left. When Jonathan had to be pts I sobbed my heart out and so did the OH.

Yep....they do grab your heart don't they (hugs) xx

Laura, that's such a lovely story. So sorry Fraggle Pop passed away.

Get Sprockett Rocket a new companion. Get him a cheeky one, he would love it.

Back