• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone successfully extended their hutch?

Wizzy Lizzy

Warren Scout
Lorenzo has a really big run with a hutch attached that I put him in during the day but at night I put him in his 'night time' hutch which is in a more sheltered location.

He is my first rabbit and when I bought the hutch I thought that it was large enough for him (it is ok for the night) but yesterday I measured it and realised it is only 4ft and I think this is too small! Plus I am getting him a lady friend in the near future (he is booked in for his little op next Monday) and the hutch is definitely too small for two bunnies!

As the hutch is nearly new I don't really want to get rid of it - plus it is a good quality one and is all ok apart from its size. I am thinking of extending it out the side - I have enough room for about another 1.5 to 2 ft max. My thought is to make a 'box' with legs, attach it to the side of the existing hutch, put roof felt over the whole roof and then cut through into the extension.

Has anyone done this before? Should I have a go or should I donate the existing hutch to a rescue centre and start again?!

Thanks

Liz

Back