• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft poo since using new bag of excel - help please.

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
I bought a new bag of excel pellets last week as i was nearly running out. I mixed some of the new bag in with the old and fed Herbie & Inca.
Since doing this Inca has had soft poo.

Now i know its the pellets as she has had it a few hours after her pellets in the morning on two occasions. Then last night i gave her 4 wee nuggets and a few hours later she done a couple of soft poo, then went back to normal.

I know that excel changed recently, but it was the new bag that i had before too, so it seems unusual.

Should i try to give her a few nuggets a day to build back up, or should i try to change her pellets completely?

Will she be ok just now only having hay & veg?

Thanks for any opinions.

K xx

I bought a new bag of excel pellets last week as i was nearly running out. I mixed some of the new bag in with the old and fed Herbie & Inca.
Since doing this Inca has had soft poo.

Now i know its the pellets as she has had it a few hours after her pellets in the morning on two occasions. Then last night i gave her 4 wee nuggets and a few hours later she done a couple of soft poo, then went back to normal.

I know that excel changed recently, but it was the new bag that i had before too, so it seems unusual.

Should i try to give her a few nuggets a day to build back up, or should i try to change her pellets completely?

Will she be ok just now only having hay & veg?

Thanks for any opinions.

K xx

Healthy adult Rabbits dont need a concentrate feed (ie pellets) at all so as long as she's a good hay eater and you feed her a variety of hays and veg every day you can cut out pellets permanently. Or you could just feed a couple as an occassional treat.

Healthy adult Rabbits dont need a concentrate feed (ie pellets) at all so as long as she's a good hay eater and you feed her a variety of hays and veg every day you can cut out pellets permanently. Or you could just feed a couple as an occassional treat.

Thanks.....she ate a big pile of veg before i came out to work and she does constantly eat hay, so ill try her with the occasional pellet here and there over the next few days and see how she goes.
Mind a bit more at ease now :) xx

Back