• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tigger, the most special cat in the whole world

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Was looking at another thread and a pic of their cat made me think of my old boy Tigger, and made me want to make a tribute to him.

I had him since I was 6, and it's several years now since he died, but he really was the absolute best cat in the whole world ever. He knew how you were feeling and was there when you needed him, he wasn't really like a cat at all, he was so selfless.

We got him as a kitten from a friend whose cat had had a litter. He was such a chocolate box kitten, beautiful tabby cat. My parents had two cats before I was born - Ginger and Pickles - and I had found Pickles dead after he had struggled for many years with various genetic problems, including kidney problems, so we got Tigger as a friend for Ginger. Ginger died of cancer shortly after so we got another kitten called Basil. Tigger was like a mummy to Basil, he loved him so much, licked him, let him follow him around. Sadly Basil was killed by a snare, he was only about 4 years old, so Tigger was alone again.

Tigger was a big fat cat. I am an only child and my parents have always lived in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, so I really relied on Tigger when things were bag. I remember crying into his lovely soft fur. He would always appear whenever I was down, and he wouldn't push for fuss or to be stroked, he would just let me cuddle him and talk to him.

Sadly, despite living to a ripe old age, time caught up with him and his organs started to fail, so we had to have him put to sleep. Me and my mum stayed with him as he went. Despite being devastated I didn't cry, cos my mum was so so upset I had to stay strong for her. He is buried with all our other pets in my parent's garden.

Words really can't do justice to such a wonderful boy.

I will love you for ever Tigger sweetheart, and will never ever forget you.xx

Tigger sounded like a wonderful cat. He was obviously very special to you. I am convinced that some animals are more like guardian angels, always there when you need them, Tigger will still be watching over you.

Tigger was obviously a very special boy and you were both lucky to have had each other, he will be watching over you until you meet again. xx

Cats are so special and leave a big hole in your life when they leave.

He will always be in your thoughts.

Back