• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Norman

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
I cannot believe I am having to write this. I am praying that is has all been a bad dream and that I am going to wake up soon.

On Saturday morning, Paul and I found Norman dead in his Wendy House. He was fine when we got in at 3.30am but by 9am he had gone :cry:

He had his Myxo jab nearly 2 weeks ago and he was booked in for his VHD this week (obviously, we had to wait 2 weeks).

VHD was the first thing that came to my mind so we called the vet out to us. She examined him and could not find anything obvious. We elected for a PM so she took him away with her and we should get the results in a couple of days.

We haven't had a chance to mourn him yet as we have been busy completely disinfecting his wendy house, thrwoing out ALL his toys, litter trays and bowls etc. Luna, his poor wife, also has to be in complete quarantine for 2 weeks and we are not even allowed to touch her :cry:

Norman,

You were by far the most gentle and sweetest bunny we have ever known. As one of the Gloucester 61, I dread to think what your early days were like but I am so grateful that we were given the chance to get to know you and thank Kris for letting us welcome you into our lives.

Thank you for showing Luna the meaning of true love - she was a very lucky girl.

I hope with all my strength that you did not feel any pain and I am glad that Luna was with you.

Sleep tight our special little boy. I can't say much more right now...it's too painful :cry:

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

xxxxxxxxx Mummy, Daddy and Luna xxxxxxxxxxx

Beautiful little man, I will never forget you.

I remember nursing you through your recovery, after spending 4 days in the vets on a drip. You would lay across my chest and fall asleep, with your little snoring. You refused to sleep in the dog bed i made up for you on the sofa. Always so gentle, and a real people bunny. In many ways i wanted to keep you, you were such a darling, but when i saw where you would be living with your new mummy, there was no way i could say no! You went on to get a new girlfriend and family, and you looked so happy in your pictures, i could tell how much you loved your new life and new girlfriend, mummy and daddy.

Binky free angel.

Beautiful little man, I will never forget you.

I remember nursing you through your recovery, after spending 4 days in the vets on a drip. You would lay across my chest and fall asleep, with your little snoring. You refused to sleep in the dog bed i made up for you on the sofa. Always so gentle, and a real people bunny. In many ways i wanted to keep you, you were such a darling, but when i saw where you would be living with your new mummy, there was no way i could say no! You went on to get a new girlfriend and family, and you looked so happy in your pictures, i could tell how much you loved your new life and new girlfriend, mummy and daddy.

Binky free angel.

Thank you Kris. I am heartbroken :cry:

Erin I am sorry to hear about Norman. I hope that you, Luna and Paul are ok. Do let us know if the PM comes up with anything as I will keep the girls in quaranteen until we know more.

They are both sitting snuggled in a cat basket.

Oh how sad, what a terrible shock and sudden loss :cry: He was an absolutely gorgeous little bunster. So sorry for your loss :cry:

Thank you everyone.

We are completely and utterly distraught :cry: Not only for our 3 beautiful babies but also from being worried sick for the others :cry:

If I didn't have my other babies to take care of, I don't think I could carry on :cry:

Back