• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

King Benson

Oh Benson, 4 years ago you strutted your way in my life. I remember the day i brought you home unsure whether Dan would want you or not, how stupid was I considering he gave you your title of King. You and your demanding little ways, shouting your head off if we were late with your breakfast, flopping on to your side when we arrived home demanding a tummy rub. I love the way you open doors, poking your nose through first. I bought you so many toys and you weren't interested in any of them! But what did you love chasing, silver foil balls. Such a special boy!! You were so funny pulling yourself through your cat flap, and the speed you went throught sometimes when you saw Rodney, a cat twice your size who for some reason was frightened of you, and your little walks with Scruffy, you are more human than most other cats on this planet! I loved grooming you because you would roll around on the floor to make sure I hadn't missed any bits. You were my baby boy and you knew that, you even played up the baby thing!!

And then you got poorly. I'm sorry about all the tests we did on you, but we had to find out what was wrong with you. It broke my heart seeing you just fading away... I'm sorry i kept washing your face and I'm sorry I stopped stroking you as often. You felt so bony and you shouldn't have been like that, I don't want to remember you poorly so I didn't want to know what you felt like, but then you look at me with those big green eyes and how can I resist. The day I let you go was the hardest day of my life so far. I can't believe someone wanted to do that to you 4 years ago just because they didn't want you, in a way I'm glad they did or I would never have met you.

Benson I am so sorry we couldn't save your life. I hope you can forgive me for letting you go. You looked more peaceful and comfortable than you had done for a few weeks. I hope you know how much I love you, and will always love you. You are more than just a cat, you are King Cat.

Love you Baby Boy :love:
Image039.jpg

Bensonwantsfood.jpg

Image043.jpg

Last edited:
What a lovely tribute to a very special boy. It brought tears to my eyes. :(:( Sleep tight Benson, free from pain. xxxx

How moving. Have had to wipe away tears for the umpteenth time this week. What a gorgeous boy King Benson was - and how amazing to have been given 4 more years of life. What a loved cat....you were lucky to have each other. Sleep peacefully Benson. XXX

Back