Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog crate set up

Quote Originally Posted by gkf9 View Post
    Hi, this was when we first put a shelf in ours. Changed slightly now as Coco didn't use the ramp - just jumps. We removed the box as he has a liking for cardboard and now he's bonded with Angel we have to use newspaper instead of carpet as she insist on using the cage instead of the litter tray!

To be honest the shelf is hardly used, they just jum up to see if there's any food at breakfast time and have free range in the rest of the room.

This is an extra large one, and we got a large one too - both from ebay shops - try searching Excell pet products.

I was planning to do this sort of set up when i get my first house bun in a couple of months is it easy to set up the level i've see the post bout putting a level in but im not gd at DIY .

Quote Originally Posted by skgreene View Post
    I was planning to do this sort of set up when i get my first house bun in a couple of months is it easy to set up the level i've see the post bout putting a level in but im not gd at DIY .
    I'm no good either I'm afraid, my OH did it! I think B&Q or joinery places will cut the shelf to size for you, and if you look on the pic he just put notches on the bottom edges of the batons for them to slot onto the cage (we wanted it to be fairly easy to take down for when they go on their hols!). Good luck

I have a 36" dog crate that was about 24 from ebay. I made a shelf really simply. I just used an old shelf from a cupboard or something. You know the type that are just chipboard with plastic coating. I bought a piece of wood from the hardware shop that was about 2 inches thick and about 7 foot long which cost less than 4. I cut the wood in half and ran it through the bars like this:
    Then I just sat the shelf on top and glued it on with liquid nails (don't use this if your rabbits will chew). I cut little grooves in the wooden supports so they wouldn't slide about, but with the shelf on it wasn't really necessary. And I cut up an old pair of jogging bottoms and used them as a lining for the shelf. Grimlock never uses it though.

Default Shelf ideas

Quote Originally Posted by skgreene View Post
    Hi! I need to add a shelf to my DIY wire grid rabbit cage... not sure how to do it though do you have any ideas? Please help!!! Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Booghead82 View Post
    Hi! I need to add a shelf to my DIY wire grid rabbit cage... not sure how to do it though do you have any ideas? Please help!!! Ty
    This is a very old thread, I don't think you'll get an answer here.

Probably best to start a new thread explaining what you want to do in the housing section and people will be able to help

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk