• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy-moo

matjoliver

Warren Scout
Unfortunately, our poor sweety Daisy lost her continual fight with EC today.
We rescued her 6 months ago and immediately noticed a problem, diagnosed as EC by our vet.
She has been on and off medication ever since and lately was on lots of medication.
She went downhill so rapidly over the last few days, the decision was taken by our vet and ourselves that PTS would be the kindest thing - she was in pain when urinating, lost the use of her back legs completely and even though the whole hutch was covered in VetBed, was covered in urine scald and sores from dragging.
We're so heartbroken, but know that we tried (very hard!) and that her previous owners would not have even bothered. :cry:

This is one of my fave photos of her, laying with one of her husbuns, Malone (the lop)

9121_166435417159_698257159_3731155_2614545_n.jpg

Just a final note for anyone who may read this who is struggling with bonding. Daisy hated Malone when we bonded him into our existing trio. She was the last one to warm to him and was constantly chasing and nipping him so much so that he wouldn't go anywhere near where she was and ran if he needed to get past her. We had to split and rebond 3 times. Just really to say - look at this photo and stick with it!

Sorry for the long post!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Daisy-moo was a beautiful bun. Sleep tight sweet girl. xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I'm sure that you and your vet made the right decision for you gorgeous girl xx

Back