• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monty (conti) 18wks old

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
You came into me at 12wks old, you had been bought from P@H by someone when you were 10wks and after 2weeks they decided you were going to take to long to train (what they wanted you to do I don't know as you were the perfect bun). I am so glad they phoned me and didn't take you back to P@H as I spotted straight away that something wasn't right but just couldn't put my finger on it as you were doing everything you should do apart from some thick sludgy poops but it wasn't all the time (I was convinced you had a digestive problem). I had you checked and everything proved normal but I still wasn't convinced you were 100%, you seemed to be losing weight but was still eating. You were a very lively friendly boy and loved to have loads of cuddles and I loved you instantly.
On Friday you became quiet and didn't want to play out (which was very unusual) you just wanted to lie in your hutch. You ate a bit but wasn't really interested. I took you yesterday to see the vet as I was not happy as you were obviously not a happy chap. You had good gut sounds, temp was normal, teeth were brill everything was as it should be, so we decieded I would syringe feed you, give you the treatment at home and tempt you with everything you like but you would only take the syringing and just didn't want to know.
I came to give you your 2 hourly syringe feed at 8am and you had died:(.
Good night Monty and sleep tight little man you were a star and we will miss you loadsxxxx

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Poor Monty!

I thought this was going to be a thread about a bun looking for a home.... I was going to say how I love the name Monty... Rimmi was going to be called Monty.... and then I realise the poor Monty here is no longer with us.

How dreadfully sad.

I am sorry for your loss. xxx

Binky free lil Monty

I am so, so sorry Kay :cry: Thinking of you & David - sending you both big hugs xxxx

Binky free Monty, sleep tight xxx

Thank you everyone, I only had him a short while but he really got under my skin as he loved his cuddles and would let you do anything with him:(. I miss him lots:(:(

Back