• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep Peacefully Tika

I've been putting this off all day because if I type it out it makes it all the more real.

This morning we found Tika aged 2+ in her forever sleep. We never knew her age really it was estimated at 6 months when we got her, being a Nethie she could have well been older. We had her spayed and we found a lovely husband for her in Harvey at the RSPCA.

Tika had recovered from worms and was well enough to live in her hutch again with Harvey and had been there since July. She had been doing great! Our vets who are fantastic with buns, (I travel out of my way to them) were pleased with her progress.

Last night we had a wild cat in the garden, our window was open and I was watching X Factor I soon as I heard the agressive noise they make I chased it but I sense Tika was frightened and maybe this scared her to death. I just don't know, it was sudden and I'm trying to rationlise what could have happened to her. She was a big part of our family always having cuddles and zooming around the garden. There is nothing poisonous she could have eaten either and Harvey is totally fine.

Sorry I am rambling, it has been an awful day, I thought we'd have her for 8 years plus and I just can't believe my little princess has gone.

Sleep in peace beautiful girl I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you at the end. xxxxxxx

Tika Simese Sable with Harvey

Harvey9.jpg

Tika was indeed a truly gorgeous bunny. I'm so sorry. :( Sleep tight little one. xx

Back