• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Night night Charlie bun.

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Well, last Monday was probably the hardest day of my life as I had to say goodbye to my little man. Charlie was 10 and a half, and had lived with me since he was 12 weeks old. He was such a special little man and helped me get through all the bad things that ever happened to me. He had two girlfriends in his life, Fern for his first 5 years, and Lavender for his last 5 years, both of whom he loved very much.

Charlie has always been a fighter and battled through several things - Ec, calcium intolerance and he's had a jaw abcess for the last year so been on lots of meds etc. Over the last few weeks he took a turn for the worse and started to get distressed, so I knew it was time to say goodbye.

I miss him so much. I miss him running to sit next to the fridge to beg for veg, him sitting looking at me cos he wanted me pick him up, and most of all how he used to have cuddles then lie in my arms to fall asleep -with his little whiskers tickling my cheek, and his little bunny snorings. I know I'm so lucky to have had him in my life, and to have a bunny that likes human company so much. Lavender loves her fuss, but no where near like Charlie did - I think I'm annoying her by giving her too many hugs now! I think the hardest thing though is knowing how much I miss him, but knowing that Lavender must miss him more. We're doing everything possible to help her and giving her lots of fuss. We haven't decided yet if she will have a new friend but I suspect she will.

So, bye bye my lovely Charlie bun, know that you were loved so very much and binky free with little Fernfern. Tell her we still miss her too, we'll look after Lavender for you.

Having a snooze on daddy.
IMG_0212.jpg

With his beautiful Lavender.
IMG_1299.jpg

In his usual slobbed out position
IMG_1219.jpg

So sorry for your loss, he sounded like such a special bun and was a real head turner to look at :) I'm sure you will miss him very much :cry:

Sad news but what a very lucky bunny he was..to have had such a long and well loved life.
I'm sure you'll miss him and carry him in your hearts always xx

He sounded like a wonderful bun & had a fantastic long life with you. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye :cry:

Binky free Charlie bun, sleep tight handsome fella xxx

such a sad loss but what a long and happy life he obviously had with you. He was a gorgeous little man and will be binkying with his girlfriends at rainbow bridge xx

Good night Charlie bun.

It sounds as though you had a long and happy life here, binky free at the Bridge.

Back