• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental vibes please

capel

Warren Veteran
The little lop who is boarding with me is having his dental this afternoon. Vibes please. His last one was just over 3 weeks ago..poor wee mite. Rog and I are hoping that there will be a repeat of the Milly scenario;). Same owner.....

Thanks you all for your kind thoughts.:) Oscar seems to be doing well. He recovered well from the GA and had eaten some fresh grass and some hay at the vet's. He had a very nasty molar spur on his lower left molar and his tongue was lacerated. He's been given another long lasting pain killer which will see him through till tomorrow, and I've been given something called flexicam to give him tomorrow. He's staying indoors tonight so that I can keep an eye on him, and so far has eaten some grass, rasp leaves, coriander and a few A&P pellets.

Well done you! Some people, eh? Do they think we recommend hay for the sheer smell of it or something? Can only say at least he's being kept an eye on now. will pm when hutch arrives btw. :) x

Glad he is doing well. Flexicam is a generic version of Metacam I think - I got some when I asked for some Metacam.

what a good job he came to you..poor boy must have been in pain.
Give him a noserub from me and here's hoping he gets regular treatment and a proper diet from now on! x

He had been having regular dentals, and it was just over 3 weeks since his previous one. Not holding my breath over the proper diet though....:( We just can't get it through to her that an appropriate diet would possibly lengthen the time between his dentals. According to his notes he is 7.

Back