• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disaster for Timmy, pictures on page 4/ UD post 67

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry:

He had a bad fall ( he is always falling over as now he feels better he thinks he is superman :roll: ) luckily we were there when it happened and could see straight away that he couldn't use his back legs :(

We rushed him straight to the vets within minutes. He has broken his pelvis :cry::cry:

We are going to give him every chance we can so he will need cage rest for weeks if it has a chance of healing. Such a shame as we had nearly bonded him to some other bunnies and he was so happy :cry:

We are not sure what the outcome will be as he is so arthritic already and his bones are not in the best of condition but we are determined to stay positive for him. He is such a fighter but still nedds all the vibes he can get :(

Last edited:
Oh no Liz, that's such awful news. I do hope that his body is as much of a fighter as he clearly is and that his pelvis heals quickly. Sending you every kind of vibe going.

Oh no Liz, that's such awful news. I do hope that his body is as much of a fighter as he clearly is and that his pelvis heals quickly. Sending you every kind of vibe going.

Thanks Helen, we are just relieved to have been able to bring him home, for awhile we weren't sure we were going to get the chance :(

The problem is that he has probably never felt so well and comfortable and thinks he can take on the world, he forgets that his poor old arthritic legs are still 8 years old :(

He is wrapped up in a sheepskin bed with a hotwater bottle at the moment. He is pretty much out of it as he had a mild GA for the x-rays and has had opiate pain relief.

We just pray that his old bones can heal themselves

ETA forgot to say, he was only chasing one of our cats across the lounge for fun when his back legs couldn't keep up with his front and he took a real tumble. The number of times he has fallen over while trying to hump things I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner:?

Last edited:
Oh no, he was getting on so well, this is an absolute disaster!
I really do hope he can get better from this, he is a wee fighter and im sure if it can be done he will try his best.
Sending the biggest amount of vibes ever to Timmy, come on wee lad, we all love you here and need you better x

Poor little chap. Hope he's soon back to humping everything Liz! Sending lots of healing <<<<vibes>>>>

Back