• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rehome rabbits?

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, I reallhy do not know what to do?
I got Bella and Buster back in June last year, i then got Hector house bun in July. When i got Hector home a few days later i let him out into the Garden, i thought it would be ok, but Bella and Buster started fighting. Since then i have tried a few times but they start fighting again. I got Hector a rabbit run, put it at the other end of the garden and Bella and Buster started fighting again. If I had known I would never have got Hector. Now i feel like its time to come to a decision. I feel its not fair for Hector to be locked up in the house all the time. But its not fair on Bella and Buster fighting?
Should i Rehome one of them back to the rescue where i got them? I know its not fair on the rescue centre as they do not need more buns but on the other hand its not fair on the buns? what should i do or do i leave things as they are?

I'd personally put something over the pairs run at the side they can see Hector. If they can't see him they shouldn't fight.

I agree with trying to hide him from sight first. ^^ I had to do this occasionally with my newest addition, Edgar, as if my other two pairs could see him, they'd get a little aggressive... Well, one of them would, but she'd set them all off with her behaviour. I just draped an old towel or blanket down the side of the run and everyone calmed down once he wasn't visible.

If you put something on the side of the run that makes the rabbits visible to each other that should solve the problem. I have a pair that have quite bad referred aggression and I have just put tarpaulin around the side of their run (fixed on by velcro) and they are fine now.

hi thanks for the replies, yes they have all been 'done'. Thats a good idea about covering the run so they cant see him, should i put it all the way round? i will be so happy if this works!! :D

If there are problems between certain pairs in our garden when they are exercising I peg a blanket to the side of one of the runs, usually does the trick :)

Nice to see you around. I was just thinking about you and Hector the other day and wondering how you were getting on :wave:

aaaw thanks love, yeh havent been on here for some time, but you guys are always here to help me with advice. Other then that Hector is all good, his drinking is back to normal and his feeties are 'touch wood' fine now!! :wave:

Do you have to keep them apart. If they are all 'done' could you not bond them all together so they can all run around together ???:D

Back