• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this too small???

Just been reading this thread and feeling very guilty :oops:

I have a grey netherland dwarf and we currently have the same cage as Sarah.

It's ok at the moment as i have just finished teacher training and not starting work until september, so he's out most of the day. But yesterday i was out all day until 11pm, so he'd been in all day. I want him to be able to play and run around when i'm back at work! Are the NIC cubes quite strong? He has a habbit of biting the bars of his cage, although this will most likely stop when he has more space?

He is being castrated on Tuesday, so after a month or so we are looking into getting a girlfriend for him (have been reading up about bonding quite alot!!) for some company during the day. Will defo look on ebay though for some cubes to build a big space for him!

Just been reading this thread and feeling very guilty :oops:

I have a grey netherland dwarf and we currently have the same cage as Sarah.

It's ok at the moment as i have just finished teacher training and not starting work until september, so he's out most of the day. But yesterday i was out all day until 11pm, so he'd been in all day. I want him to be able to play and run around when i'm back at work! Are the NIC cubes quite strong? He has a habbit of biting the bars of his cage, although this will most likely stop when he has more space?

He is being castrated on Tuesday, so after a month or so we are looking into getting a girlfriend for him (have been reading up about bonding quite alot!!) for some company during the day. Will defo look on ebay though for some cubes to build a big space for him!

Well Jose's been in his new NIC cube home for a couple of hours now and he's definately happier :D he's bitten the bars of the cage a couple of times, but nowhere near as much as he used to.

I've just taken the cage part off his old cage and put the base inside the nic cube set up

I'm glad i've moved him into a bigger space :D

I felt guilty when i first starting reading things on this forum, but it was good tho cos now i've changed things and made him happier :D

Well Jose's been in his new NIC cube home for a couple of hours now and he's definately happier :D he's bitten the bars of the cage a couple of times, but nowhere near as much as he used to.

I've just taken the cage part off his old cage and put the base inside the nic cube set up

I'm glad i've moved him into a bigger space :D

I felt guilty when i first starting reading things on this forum, but it was good tho cos now i've changed things and made him happier :D

that's the thing though, we're all constantly learning and trying to improve things for them :) how is his new pad looking?

its good ta :D he's decided tho that he no longer wants to poop in his litter tray, he does it EVERYWHERE instead! :? Luckily he's still weeing in his litter tray.

Looking after him and trying to make things better is now becoming a hobby of mine :D i love it!

its good ta :D he's decided tho that he no longer wants to poop in his litter tray, he does it EVERYWHERE instead! :? Luckily he's still weeing in his litter tray.

Looking after him and trying to make things better is now becoming a hobby of mine :D i love it!

This is fab news. I don't think that there is a person that comes on here (me included) that hasn't learned at least one thing that makes life better for their bunnies. Thing is, nothing is ever good enough for me now :lol::lol: and i'm forever trying to do better. Latest bunny palace for one of my 20 here!

IMG_2389.jpg

the new extension - a small decked area.....
IMG_2390.jpg

(And they get time in a big run on the grass too of course).

I love doing things for the buns, and am glad I don't have kids, as I wouldn't have the time! :D

20? :D Awwww Are they all outdoors? I'd love loads more, but the OH wouldnt let me :( took me ages to convince him to let us get a wifey for Jose lol.

And i agree with the kids things, i'd much rather have rabbits than kids - less messy and they're quieter lol.

I love the bunny palace! D is that just for one bunny?

20? :D Awwww Are they all outdoors? I'd love loads more, but the OH wouldnt let me :( took me ages to convince him to let us get a wifey for Jose lol.

And i agree with the kids things, i'd much rather have rabbits than kids - less messy and they're quieter lol.

I love the bunny palace! D is that just for one bunny?

Well my OH didn't ever imagine we'd end up with this many. They are all in groups or pairs with all having either a wendy house and run, a shed and run or a 6fter and run. We do have one indoor lady who is about to marry the man of her dreams and they will continue to live in doors. That photo was of La Petite Maison, which obviously has a french theme. It has shutters on the windows, checked gingham curtains :oops: and decorated with French style clutter. It's the home to Hannah Bannah Bunbellina Babyshoes and her husbun Percy Big Bun. :D

This is an inside shot - this is their bunk bed shelf. They like it up here as they can see out of the side windows.
IMG_2387.jpg

I am so sad that each accommodation has a theme and is named accordingly. We have the beach hut, the reading room, the gate house, La petite maison, the lounge, the annex, the bunny bunker, the rumpus room, Rose Cottage, the potting shed, Windwhistle cabin, the garden flat and Apartment 1 and 2.

The more my OH falls in love, the more I get away with!

So glad that your have gone bigger. The bigger the space the better fun you will have watching your bunnies behaviour! They are such amazing critters and I spend most of my time watching their antics.

Helen :D

Last edited:
That's just amazing!! Wish i could do that for Timmy :love:

We're on the hunt for some extension panels, i did have a look on ebay but couldn't seem to find them?? What did you type into the search box?

That's just amazing!! Wish i could do that for Timmy :love:

We're on the hunt for some extension panels, i did have a look on ebay but couldn't seem to find them?? What did you type into the search box?

I make everything myself from scratch. Timber from Wickes, weld mesh from Wickes. Sometimes I break down other undersized accommodation that has been donated too.

Well my OH didn't ever imagine we'd end up with this many. They are all in groups or pairs with all having either a wendy house and run, a shed and run or a 6fter and run. We do have one indoor lady who is about to marry the man of her dreams and they will continue to live in doors. That photo was of La Petite Maison, which obviously has a french theme. It has shutters on the windows, checked gingham curtains :oops: and decorated with French style clutter. It's the home to Hannah Bannah Bunbellina Babyshoes and her husbun Percy Big Bun. :D

This is an inside shot - this is their bunk bed shelf. They like it up here as they can see out of the side windows.
IMG_2387.jpg

I am so sad that each accommodation has a theme and is named accordingly. We have the beach hut, the reading room, the gate house, La petite maison, the lounge, the annex, the bunny bunker, the rumpus room, Rose Cottage, the potting shed, Windwhistle cabin, the garden flat and Apartment 1 and 2.

The more my OH falls in love, the more I get away with!

So glad that your have gone bigger. The bigger the space the better fun you will have watching your bunnies behaviour! They are such amazing critters and I spend most of my time watching their antics.

Helen :D

I love all of it! :D and i love your bunny names too - so original and cute! :D

I've already noticed that he's more calm when you pick him up and he does that purring/grinding noise more when you hold him and he flops more and just generally seems happier and less of a mr grumpy pants! :D

Pic of his new pad!

Finally got round to adding some pics lol

11072009890.jpg

Jose chilling in his new pad :D
11072009893.jpg

Jose chilling some more!
11072009892.jpg

that looks great - has jose got his own room now then? he looks so tiny in his cube set-up:D seeing pics of other breeds on here makes me realise how little our nethies are!

that looks great - has jose got his own room now then? he looks so tiny in his cube set-up:D seeing pics of other breeds on here makes me realise how little our nethies are!

His set up takes up about a 3rd of the room he's in atm, he'll be moving into his own room once he's neutered and bonded - and once the box room is decorated and has some sort of flooring down - we only moved into the house in May so everythings in a bit of a state! lol

thank you :D

and yes our nethies are little, but that doesnt mean they arent capable of causing trouble lol

great tho innit? i spent some time lately with my friends big lop x and he was so sedentary compared to eric i thought there was something wrong with him - he really didn't like me waking him up to see if he was ok:oops:

great tho innit? i spent some time lately with my friends big lop x and he was so sedentary compared to eric i thought there was something wrong with him - he really didn't like me waking him up to see if he was ok:oops:

aww bless :love:

Are smaller rabbits generally more lively then?

Back