• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny Duo Names

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
Imagine the scene your friends/vet reception asks you whats your pets names - or even funnier imagine everyone's face when the vet comes out to call you into the consultation rooms and calls their names out

Ellie Phants

Well I thought it was funny at half five this morning... Does anyone have any really funny duo names ?

whilst in my vets once, my vet kept calling this hamster (or rat?, something small and hiding!) Charlie .... but it turned out to be the owners name!

Jane's Colonel Colin stopped with me for a little while before she got him.

At the vet's they called out "Colonel Colin of The Third Lopsley Regiment Weeks"

Thanks Jane:shock::lol:

I also named a foster Snugglebun:oops:

We've had rabbits called Knightrider and Wonderwoman stay with us before, and as gorgeous as they are, I was so glad they didn't need a trip to the vets whilst with us.
We've also had pigs stay called Elvis and Ronan:lol:

Custardapple Furrypods glares at anyone who dares to laugh at her name...
Tippex Porkychicken got a smirk from the bunny vet :oops::oops:

Not as good as some of those ones but I had a 'Mrs Big Grey Bunny' and 'Kevin and Perry 'always seem to make people laugh too.

i never really understand why vets put the pets name with the owners surname?! surely they just feel like a wally most of the time?

Our rabbit Oddeye, gets funny looks, but it is worse when the vet calls him Oddball, by mistake!

When we took Gigi, just after she was found, she went on the list as piglet and they just thought it was another rabbit or guinea pig. They all came running when she started to scream and were shocked it was a real pig. What was even funnier was the faces of the people when we came out of the consulting room after she'd screamed the place down.:lol:

i never really understand why vets put the pets name with the owners surname?! surely they just feel like a wally most of the time?

Because it stops 30 'Lucky's jumping up at once.
And because sometimes it's funny...:lol:

Last edited:

I say it to clients when they come in with their pets, its usually because that's what comes up on the computer screen. We often have a couple of pets in with the same name- like Fluffy or Snowy- so you use the surname to identify who is who. Often it isn't the owner who takes them in so it is better to give the whole name than ask for Mrs Smith.
With me the vets just come out, smile and say 'your next'.:lol:

I can see the logic, but i still think i'd go for "Mrs Smith with Cuddles" - even if someone else has brought them in, they still know its them - over "Cuddles Smith"

But yeah, it is quite amusing though! maybe when i have been qualified a while and have more confidence!!

you do run the risk of saying it wrong and offending people! but that works both ways - i know vets who cant pronounce the owners surname who only ever use the animals name!

I actually quite like it... :) Must admit though when our rescue dog was originally called Barney, and our surname is Marney, there was no choice but change it really. I could just hear a vet say "Barmey Marney"... :lol: (The dog is now called Flash).

Vera

I think my vet has lost the plot.....Letter came through the door addressed to 'Mr Blue Clarke' Was a reminder for his myxi due next month.
He ate the letter :roll: :lol:

Back