• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Butchers made me sad:(

Hi Everyone,

I was visiting my local butchers today for some chicken. On my way out I saw a sign saying Diced Rabbit:cry::cry:

It really upset me, i'm not a softie or anything I understand the circle of life but why rabbit. Rabbits are the 3rd most popular pets in the uk so why eat them ????? We wouldnt eat dog or cat:evil::evil::evil:

Sorry to go on

I assume this was wild rabbit, which still is classed as a delicacy? (correct me if I'm wrong).
Lets not turn this into a meat thread though ;)
I'm sure non of the meat eaters would eat rabbit anyway.

yeah that's why i'm veggie. i'm sure you could keep any animal no matter what it was and see they all have their own personalities :)

theres a butchers who sells rabbits in town, look kind of weird and tiny without fur, but it affects me no more than seeing a whole pig or a 2 for £5 offer on battery farmed chicken

i dont eat any animals anymore so ive shed all the tears im going to over the meat industry

knowing little furries are being tested on for beauty and household products haunts me more than a dead rabbit in a butchers shop i must admit :cry::cry::cry:

I don't think you are going on at all don't worry ;)
I know it's awful, I've seen them abroad and been close to tears, I wouldn't go in a butcher's anyway, but would be even more upset (knowing we did this too).
I could just see this thread turning into a vegetarian vs. meat eaters thread after the chicken pet post ;)

I sometimes see them whole & skinned in the butchers window just like a regular chicken. I don't like looking at them - in fact, it's the sole reason why I don't use a local/independant butcher and why I just pick up a packet of sausages at Asda. I expect that if I kept chickens or pigs as pets I would feel the same way about those :oops:

Back