• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit behind success.

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
It was in all the local news, "Town boy wins at Bath & West". They are my youngest friends next door. Toby won the calf handling, but little George who came 5th is my pride.
See when they 1st came George was terrified of all animals. I'm amazed by how sensitive some animals are. Thumper formed a special relationship with George, & would follow George up & down the run to Georges command, but no one else. That was OK cos Thumps was behind bars. They came round one day when Thumps was free having an afternoon rest indoors. George summoned up all his courage to stroke Thumps, & loved the silky coat, even kept his cool when Thumps chin scented a finger. You should have have seen his face when reluctantly they had to leave! The next I heard he was down on his uncle's farm letting calves suck on his fingers! & now showing them!
See I think most rabbits are sensitive like this, when they're used to people. I'm beginning to wonder if mine's a human whisperer - knows what I'm thinking - kind of spooky.
Any one else think their rabbit's a human whisperer too?

It was in all the local news, "Town boy wins at Bath & West". They are my youngest friends next door. Toby won the calf handling, but little George who came 5th is my pride.
See when they 1st came George was terrified of all animals. I'm amazed by how sensitive some animals are. Thumper formed a special relationship with George, & would follow George up & down the run to Georges command, but no one else. That was OK cos Thumps was behind bars. They came round one day when Thumps was free having an afternoon rest indoors. George summoned up all his courage to stroke Thumps, & loved the silky coat, even kept his cool when Thumps chin scented a finger. You should have have seen his face when reluctantly they had to leave! The next I heard he was down on his uncle's farm letting calves suck on his fingers! & now showing them!
See I think most rabbits are sensitive like this, when they're used to people. I'm beginning to wonder if mine's a human whisperer - knows what I'm thinking - kind of spooky.
Any one else think their rabbit's a human whisperer too?

My Jack definately was. He was so intuitive and could pick up on exactly how I was feeling. I swear that Bunny could read my mind.
He was so special :love:

Thanks Jane that's lovely,
The 1st thing I noticed when he was young, was I thought I'd left the cooker on when I went to bed. Charged downstairs Cooker/ fire on my mind. Thumper overtook me on the stairs I heard the litter tray at the door near the cooker crash, & when I arrived in the kitchen, he was hiding on the other side of the cooker. How did he know there was danger? or where I was going?
Then every time I decide to go to the vets & phone, he's really wary of me after, gives me suspicious looks, & come the time to go, makes himself scarce, & a toe rag to pick up, even though I've made no move to his carrier. How does he know?
He even knows the tradesmen who like animals before I do, mysteriously appears & knows exactly how to endear himself to them. Knows the only visitor I don't like. Tends to undo their shoe laces on the sleigh -norty boy! Loads more examples.

Charlies good, when I'm upset he tends to jump onto my bed and just cuddle up with me, obviously cheers me up too coz you can't be sad when you're cuggling a gorgeous lad like him :love:

I think Bugsy has a special gift.he was such a friendly loving bunny:cry::cry:
Im so glad that Thumper helped little George overcum his fear of animals

Thank you steph 182, I'm so very sorry for your recent loss of a special bunny friend.
Thank you Sarah, Bugsy was really special. He was so loving & attentive to Barley, and so loving, gentle, & interested in people too. Never heard of a bunny who related so well to both bunny companion & people.

Feel I've gone & said the wrong thing & got everyone in tears, for 3 very special friends.

I think Wispa has a special gift, he always knows when I was upset and he would come and lick my face and want some cuddles. Any other time I doesn't want cuddles :love:

Back