• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg my bun has made a nest

i just calculated again and he was 12 weeks old when i took him out. But i was told they were all girls until i caught him 'trying' his sisters out for size. I took him out 2 weeks ago, as they are now 14 weeks old friday gone.
I have just been out to make sure they are all locked up and had a nose at the 'nest' there is fur in it just to add. And its now been built up higher.
I will also add though that i do have two males that arent neutered near her, and i have read that they can smell it and get ready sort of thing.

Hi, they can have 'false' pregnancies if they live/come in contact with a male. My female Star, had two litters (and during this time we had the dad Bugs neutered), when all babies were off hand, we bonded Star & Bugs again together again and within a few weeks Star was nest building again. She did this twice (both false pregnancies) before we got Star spayed and so far, she hasn't made any nest since her spay.

A doe can get pregnant not very long after she has dropped her litter. If her son was in with her and he was 12 wks then yes I would say it was possible but also you might be lucky too that it is just a false one - just keep an eye and ensure the mum doesn't turn on the babies that she already has too (my doe did with both litters!).

thank you for advice. i have noticed that she has used some her 14 week old buns fur too.(she will be 15 weeks this friday) This was on the second day of nesting. There is now a great big well, a better built nest than her very first. I have also got an appointment for next week to have them all checked over too, obvs not all 7 at once that would be hard. but thanks again.

Back