• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Mature' Food

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
SS and Excel do food for mature buns (5+ years)

Is it ok to feed younger buns this food as we have a couple of pairs where one bun is younger than 5 and the other over.

Ta :)

P.S. Has anyone tried the new Excel Mature?

SS and Excel do food for mature buns (5+ years)

Is it ok to feed younger buns this food as we have a couple of pairs where one bun is younger than 5 and the other over.

Ta :)

P.S. Has anyone tried the new Excel Mature?

I do :)
Just keep a check on the younger Bun's weight.
Maya (aged 7) and Chloe (aged 9) love the new Excel :)

I've used SS mature since my youngest was 10 months as the girls have sensitive tums. He's fine, in fact the vet is very pleased with his physique. They don't get many pellets anyway, they should have 90% hay or grass.

I had a chat with the guys of the SS stand at the RWA conference about this. Apparently SS mature is good as a 'light' diet for younger buns too, being higher in fibre and lower in calories than the regular SS :)

Honey is on SS mature and she is 2 and a half years old. I did this simply because of the fibre content as she has small spurs.

I've had to take mine off SS mature as Santa was losing weight on it :roll: She's not a good hay eater so I was hoping the higher fibre would be good for her.

As my vet says "if something's going to go wrong, it'll happen to Santa"

Well it is lower calorie, so I wouldn't use if for buns than struggle to maintain weight, but that's why I want mine to have it :oops:

Back